‘Big Boss’ gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images)May 26th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 26 (IANS) Designer Rohit Verma, who was known for his loud-mouth antics in the third edition of “Big Boss”, says the controversial reality show not only changed him personally, it also helped him gain recognition as a designer.
“‘Bigg Boss’ completely changed my life. When I entered the house, I was behaving like a six-year-old kid, but when I came out, I was a mature person. The show not only taught me about emotions, but also helped me in learning the importance of family,” Verma told IANS.
The cross-dresser says people’s attitude towards him changed as well.
“The approach of people towards me has also changed. After the show, they started looking at me differently as it makes a normal person, an overnight celebrity. Before ‘Bigg Boss’, I was doing lot of shows but no one was aware of it. But post ‘Bigg Boss’, people have recognised me as a designer,” he added.
Other contestants on the show were Vindu Dara Singh, Poonam Dhillon, Ismail Darbar, Sherlyn Chopra, Kamal Rashid Khan, Bhakhtiyaar Irani, Tanaaz Irani, Aditi Govitrikar, Jaya Sawant, Shamita Shetty, Claudia Ciesla, Raju Srivastav, Vinod Kambli and Pravesh Rana. It was won by Vindu.
Verma said he would love to go back to the “Bigg Boss” house once again.
“I will definitely go back to ‘Bigg Boss’ house if given a chance and this time it will be much better and rocking,” he added.
From showcasing his collections across the globe to walking the ramp as a showstopper, Verma has definitely gained popularity on the fashion circuit. Being a designer, it is a given, he says.
“I believe that a designer is one of the most multi-talented human beings in this world. Designers can be a showstopper, a good merchandiser,” said Verma, who is currently participating in Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW).
He showcased a collection of saris, suits and jodhpurs with applique work. Choreographer Sandip Soparrkar and wife Jesse Randhawa opened the show with a graceful dance performance.
After RJW, he is set to hit international shores.
“I am doing the Dubai fashion fiesta and a show in Atlanta very soon. I am also doing five movies as a designer but won’t be able to reveal much about the project,” he said.
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- I adored Aditi's ways in 'Bigg Boss': Bhakhtiyaar Irani (Interview) - Dec 22, 2009
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Big B welcomes Rakhi Sawant's mom on 'Bigg Boss' - Oct 05, 2009
- Bhakhtiyaar accepts Rs.1 mn, walks out of 'Bigg Boss' - Dec 21, 2009
- Bakhtiyaar is insensitive, shouted at my wife: Vindu Dara Singh - Mar 08, 2011
- Vindu Dara Singh wins 'Bigg Boss 3' - Dec 27, 2009
- I haven't voted for my son Vindu: Dara Singh - Dec 25, 2009
- Looking forward to more reality shows: Aditi Govitrikar - Dec 19, 2009
- 'I was stuck with 10 sick people in 'Bigg Boss' house' - Oct 23, 2009
- Rakhi Sawant's mom Jaya evicted from 'Bigg Boss' - Oct 10, 2009
- No more reality shows for me, says Pooja Misrra - Feb 16, 2012
- Girls misbehaved with me in 'Bigg Boss': Jaya Sawant - Oct 10, 2009
- Will Vindu Dara Singh win 'Bigg Boss 3'? - Dec 26, 2009
- I can make very good dal-roti now: German supermodel - Dec 13, 2009
Tags: aditi govitrikar, big boss, bigg boss, claudia ciesla, dara singh, fashion week, ismail darbar, jesse randhawa, jodhpurs, kamal rashid, loud mouth, mature person, overnight celebrity, poonam dhillon, raju srivastav, rashid khan, shamita shetty, sherlyn chopra, vinod kambli, world designers