Big B unlikely to be discharged TuesdayFebruary 14th, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 14 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, recuperating in SevenHills Hospital here after undergoing two abdominal surgeries, is likely to remain in hospital for some more time.
The 69-year-old actor was supposed to be discharged from hospital Monday, however, Amitabh revealed on his Twitter page that his release was delayed after he developed acute pain in the area where he had undergone surgery.
“NOT SUCH AN EXCITING DAY! Acute pain throughout, but bearing up… still in hospital and delay now in release,” he tweeted Monday.
He also wrote a detailed account of his condition on his blog.
“The morning has been nightmarish. There has been incredible pain in the region of the surgery, and the spasms so acute that they brought me to the level of a scream … which is saying a lot, for, my resistance to pain has been quite satisfactory in the past,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com Monday night.
“But the doctors were immediately summoned and after change in the dressings and pain killers, there seems to be now some semblance of relief. Not entirely, but enough,” he added.
The actor has been suffering from abdominal problems stemming from the injury he suffered during shooting of “Coolie” in 1982.
It was being said that Amitabh will be discharged Tuesday but if sources are to be believed it is extremely unlikely that he would be out.
Meanwhile, Bollywood celebrities like Ram Gopal Varma, Ramesh Taurani, Apoorva Lakhia, Sanjay Dutt and Manyata Dutt, visited the megastar in the hospital to know about his well being.
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Yes there's pain, Big B tweets from hospital bed - Feb 12, 2012
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up: Big B - Feb 16, 2012
- Hospital stay could be long: Amitabh tweets as fresh complications arise (Second Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Jaya, Shweta take care of Big B - Feb 15, 2012
- Dad's surgery went off smoothly: Abhishek Bachchan (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan in happy state before surgery: Doctors - Feb 11, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: acute pain, amitabh bachchan, apoorva lakhia, bigb, celebrities, coolie, dressings, feb 14, hellip, megastar, monday night, mumbai, pain killers, ram gopal varma, ramesh, sanjay dutt, sanjay dutt and manyata, scream, semblance, surgeries