Big B shows satisfactory progress, feels less painFebruary 21st, 2012 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 21 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan’s health has shown considerable improvement after abdominal surgeries earlier this month. The megastar’s post-surgery pain has reduced and doctors, satisfied with his progress, have allowed him to take a bath and have a better intake of food.
“The meetings of the morning with the team of doctors can be the most trying for the patient… But happy to note that they seemed satisfied with the progress and after a few closed-door discussions, came back with a few points that would bring relief to any sufferer,” Amitabh posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com Monday night.
The 69-year-old veteran is admitted to the Seven Hills Hospital here since Feb 11. He underwent two abdominal surgeries, following which he complained of acute pain, forcing doctors to keep him under observation ever since.
His pain has now reduced, wrote Big B, adding: “Apart from the physical pain of the surgery, there is now a reduction in most other pains. The ‘central line’ immersed in the neck is a huge bother - it being on the side of the neck - the side I sleep upon.”
He detests dressings. So he was relieved when doctors decided to let the wounds be.
“Since the wounds, both about 10 cm in length, had healed well, they decided to keep away from any further dressings and indeed suggested that I should attempt to shower in the morning - the water having supposedly no effect.
“Now that is going to be a rather large experiment chest downwards, for the neck still has the needle immersed deep and will perhaps remain so for some days. Most of the medication is being administered through there,” he added.
On Monday, sources had indicated that Big B might be discharged “in a day or two”. But from Amitabh’s post, and details of the ‘central line’, it appears the stay could be extended further.
However, there is definite improvement in his health.
“Also there is indication of increased food intake and to get more mobile,” he posted.
- Free me, says Big B - Feb 23, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Big B gets better, comes out to greet fans (With Image) - Mar 12, 2012
- Big B to be discharged from hospital later Thursday - Feb 23, 2012
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Big B 'frustrated' with frequent stomach pain - Apr 20, 2012
- Big B back home, upset with paparazzi's insensitivity (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
- Big B hooked on to 'Homeland' - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: acute pain, amitabh bachchan, bigb, definite improvement, doctors, dressings, food intake, Health Science, medication, megastar, monday night, observation, old veteran, satisfactory progress, seven hills, sleep, sufferer, surgeries, wounds