Big B recreates ‘My name is Anthony Gonsalves’May 8th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 8 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan is set to recreate the magic of “Amar Akbar Anthony” in a special track for Rohit Shetty’s “Bol Bachchan”. In the song, he will be seen with his son Abhishek, and actor Ajay Devgn.
The 69-year-old will recreate the iconic entry scene from the famous “My name is Anthony Gonsalves” song. The song shot in 1977, showed Amitabh popping out of a life-sized egg and a similar stunt has been replicated for the “Bol Bachchan” title track video.
Amitabh has already finished shooting for the cameo appearance in “Bol Bachchan”, which features Abhishek and Ajay in key roles.
“I spent the day recording for the song to be picturised on Abhishek, Ajay and myself for ‘Bol Bachchan’, the film being made by Rohit Shetty. It seemed a fun song, with lyrics and words dominating the space from some of my old ones,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
The actor has also lent his voice for the track, featuring some of his iconic dialogues from “Amar Akbar Anthony” and other films, that resonate well with today’s generation.
Amitabh, who recently underwent two abdominal surgeries, says recreating the era gone by has become a norm nowadays, which makes him ponder if it is time for him to call it quits.
“Everyone that comes with a project starts off by telling me sequences that have involved me in some earlier film of mine. A dialogue, a song an action or just plain simple comedy. The song in ‘Bol Bachchan’ is no different,” he said.
“Striking nostalgia and days gone by by recreating them again, seems to be the norm these days. It brings questions to me. When they start recreating your ’stuff’, is it an indication that the days are over. That nothing fresh and new can be expected.
“I do not point fingers to the films, its makers or even the actors. I point a rather shaky finger to myself. Is it an indication to me that I should stop expecting, stop operating … just stop,” he added.
“Bol Bachchan”, a Fox Star Studios presentation, is a comic caper, which also features Asin and Prachi Desai. It is slated for release July 6.
- Song, dance a major crisis for me: Big B - May 09, 2012
- Working with Big B like working with god: Rohit Shetty - Jun 11, 2012
- Bollywood ga-ga over Abhishek's comedy in 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 06, 2012
- Naagin dance scares Sharman (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Jun 13, 2012
- (After 11)Buying film's rights is like paying tribute: Ajay Devgn - Jun 25, 2012
- 100 crore is the new silver jubilee: Abhishek Bachchan - Aug 04, 2012
- I have a lot to learn: Abhishek Bachchan - Jun 27, 2012
- Abhishek injured again, fractures finger - Sep 25, 2011
- 'Bol Bachchan': A modern day 'Golmaal' - Jul 07, 2012
- We have not cheated anybody: Ajay Devgn - Jun 22, 2012
- For Abhishek, 'Bol Bachchan' is about great memories - May 31, 2012
- Ajay's character in "Bol..." mix of 'Singham', 'Golmaal' - Jul 03, 2012
- Prachi wants to be paired with Devgn on screen - Jun 26, 2012
- Choc-a-bloc for Abhishek: Wai to Mumbai every day - Feb 25, 2012
- Madhuri in disguise at Taj (Movie Snippet) (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: abhishek, ajay, akbar, amar akbar anthony, amitabh bachchan, bol, cameo appearance, dialogue, dialogues, fun song, gonsalves, lent, mumbai, norm, nostalgia, point fingers, rohit shetty, sequences, sized egg, surgeries