Big B prepares for abdominal surgeryFebruary 9th, 2012 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 9 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has revealed that he will undergo abdominal surgery Saturday.
“There were some medical procedures today as well for — and this is being disclosed to the Ef (extended family) at this point of time — a surgery that I shall be undergoing on the 11th morning. I do not wish to talk much on my medical condition, but trust and faith in my FmXt (extended family) allows me to do so,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“The surgery they say is not too complicated, but then all doctors say the same as you end up on the operating table, and before long the details and the subsequent anxieties begin to rise.
“There has been a dosage of injections intravenous that began today and shall continue for a few days… a pain in the abdomen has to be investigated tomorrow under a CT Scan and then and only then shall the ok for the surgery be given… so the next few weeks shall be full of nothing else but the hospital and medical bulletins… boring it may be but it shall be as informative as possible,” Amitabh posted.
The 69-year-old has been battling with health issues for long and wishes to have an ailment-free life, but says he is grateful that he is still going strong.
“My stomach which has already been the bed of many complicated battles in the past, shall have to entertain this as well. It’s a war zone, my body, and one which has been through a great deal and still does,” he wrote.
“I sometimes lament the fact that I do not have the benefit of a complete and ailment free body structure, and I wonder how wonderful it would be to be normal again. But this was my fate and I shall accept it with a smile.
“I just feel blessed that despite all the encumbrances the Almighty gave me the courage to keep going has been undiluted. That courage, wrapped as it were, in the love and prayers of well wishers has pulled me through on several occasions and on this one too I solicit similar,” he added.
- Amitabh's abdominal surgery legacy of 'Coolie' accident: Abhishek - Feb 10, 2012
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
- Big B back home, upset with paparazzi's insensitivity (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Hospital stay could be long: Amitabh tweets as fresh complications arise (Second Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Big B thanks 'family' for finding baby's morphed pic - Nov 22, 2011
- Free me, says Big B - Feb 23, 2012
- Dame Helen Mirren says she's happier without kids - Feb 23, 2011
- Chinese man wants gender changed at 84! - Jun 14, 2012
- 'Bbuddah...' song leaked online - Jun 11, 2011
- 'Mard ko dard nahin hota', Abhishek says for Big B - Feb 17, 2012
- Big B reports fake Twitter ID rubbishing 'RA.One' - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: abdominal surgery, ailment, amitabh bachchan, anxieties, body structure, bulletins, courage, ct scan, encumbrances, extended family, fate, health issues, lament, medical condition, medical procedures, pain in the abdomen, prayers, stomach, war zone, well wishers