Big B praises ‘Paan Singh Tomar’, calls it true biopicMarch 4th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Director Tigmanshu Dhulia and actor Irrfan Khan have receive heaps of praise from Amitabh Bachchan for their film “Paan Singh Tomar”. The megastar describes the movie as inspiring and fitting tribute to unsung heroes and truly a biopic.
“Paan Singh Tomar” tells the tale of the former national steeplechase champion-turned-bandit. Released Friday, the film features Irrfan in the title role.
“A fulfilling day! Saw an inspiring film, ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia and enacted by a whole cast of fresh and very talented players, led by that incredible performer Irrfan. Such restraint in direction and performance, but such an impression on the nature of the subject. A biopic true to life and detail,” the 69- year-old posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“…this is a true story, of a man from Madhya Pradesh…The tribute to the unsung hero, lists various prominent sportsmen who brought glory on International platforms for the country, but died penniless. Some even having to sell off their gold medal to survive. Such a moving tale,” he added.
Amitabh, who is currently recuperating at home from his abdominal surgeries, feels the movie is a tribute to unsung heroes.
“A wonderful tribute to the many unsung sports heroes of the nation, who contribute so much for the Motherland both within and and on International platforms, yet are left in penury to pass away, unnoticed, uncared for,” he said.
He also requested the government to support sportspersons.
“…the first thought that comes to mind is to lend support to those that find themselves in such condition. To plead with the system to show some compassion and respect for the glory they brought for us, so we could stick our chests out in pride and look after them in their hour of need instead of leaving them in dire straits to perish without any honour,” he wrote.
- Former athletes wanted money to talk about Paan Singh: Irrfan Khan - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' a rare cinematic treat (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' - a masterpiece by Tigmanshu, Irrfan - Oct 21, 2010
- Censors object to expletives in 'Paan Singh Tomar' - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' set for Gulf release on popular demand - Mar 12, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' team to care for former athletes - Mar 10, 2012
- Irrfan puts heart, sweat into 'Paan Singh Tomar' (Movie Snippets) - Feb 21, 2012
- Rani hasn't said yes for Begum Samru role: Dhulia - Apr 14, 2012
- Paan Singh Tomar To Premiere At London Film Festival - Sep 17, 2010
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' earns Rs.4.25 crore over weekend - Mar 05, 2012
- FIR against 'Paan Singh Tomar' director - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Paan Singh Tomar': Untold tale of an athlete-turned-dacoit (IANS Preview) - Feb 28, 2012
- Tusshar's maiden visit to Golden Temple (Movie Snippets) - Mar 04, 2012
- 'Paan Singh...' shows pitiful condition of Indian athletes: Director - May 29, 2010
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, chests, dire straits, first thought, fitting tribute, heaps, international platforms, irrfan khan, madhya pradesh, megastar, motherland, national steeplechase, paan, penury, sports heroes, sportsmen, talented players, true to life, unsung hero, unsung heroes