Big B lauds woman for winning Rs.1 croreNovember 21st, 2010 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 21 (IANS) Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is all praise for Rahat Taslim from Jharkhand who became the first woman to win Rs.1 crore on his gameshow “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
“Rahat Taslim, a small town housewife from Giriddih, Jharkhand as you all may have known by now, won the one crore at KBC,” Amitabh posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“A simple woman, a Muslim from an unknown village, still under the social and conservative norms of the ‘purdah’, came out from her house stitching activities that earned her 2000-3000 rupees in order to run the house and made a crore of rupees,” he added.
Taslim, 37, who is the first contestant of the fourth season of Kaun Banega Crorepati to win Rs.1 crore, had spent most of her life facing endless hardships.
While she sews clothes, her husband works with the Mica Trading Corp of India on a salary of Rs.6,000.
“She never in her life had opened even a bank account, because of their meagre earnings, had never seen the lakhs that came to her in the form of the zero’s on her cheque and had never ever imagined that she would get to the hot seat at KBC,” Amitabh wrote.
“But she did. Her husband was away working in Cochin in Kerala and she took the initiative to apply first to KBC,” he added.
Praising her knowledge, Amitabh wrote: “She played like a master, knew most of the answers till she reached the 50 lakh mark and then cracked the million dollar question.”
The actor wrote that never once did the contestant flinch or express any fear of what she was getting into and was confident from the word go.
“What a fantastic moment for the game. What a fantastic moment for women in our country - that given an opportunity, they had the ability to shine like never before. And that the heart of India resides in that little village or town which we know nothing about!” he added.
“Well done Rahat, you have become a part of a very important and historic moment not just for the game of KBC, but for the country as well. More, country,” he added.
- 'Crorepati' woman to use money on kids' 'good education' - Nov 21, 2010
- Giridih women rejoice as one among them is 'crorepati' - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Crorepati' woman lacked money to study medicine (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Inflation? What's that, asks KBC's only woman crorepati - Nov 08, 2011
- Amitabh proud of common man's Rs.5 crore win on KBC - Oct 26, 2011
- Bihar's Sushil Kumar first to win Rs.5 crore on KBC-5 - Oct 25, 2011
- KBC 4: Deepika Padukone And Former Contestants To Cheer Tonight’s Contestants! - Dec 07, 2010
- Rajesh Singh wins Rs.1 crore on Bhojpuri KBC (With Images) - Jul 27, 2011
- Rahat Taslim: First Woman Crorepati On KBC! - Nov 24, 2010
- Big B teams up with Shillong Chamber Choir - Sep 04, 2012
- Female tailor from Jharkhand winner in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' game show - Nov 20, 2010
- 'KBC 6' gets first crorepati in Kashmir's Manoj Raina (With Images) - Sep 08, 2012
- Big B happy with films earning Rs.100 crore - Aug 23, 2012
- Bhojpuri, Bengali versions of '...To Be A Millionaire' start Monday - Jun 03, 2011
- Will KBC winner be rural job scheme ambassador? - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, amitabh bachchan, cochin, dollar question, first woman, hardships, heart of india, hot seat, jharkhand, kaun banega, kerala, lakh, lakhs, lauds, mica, purdah, rs 1, rs 6, rupees, taslim