Big B justifies announcing Ash’s pregnancy onlineJune 25th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) An excited grandfather-to-be Amitabh Bachchan announced his daughter-in-law Aishwarya’s pregnancy on Twitter and came under flak for it. But the megastar has justified the move.
“I burn with the desire of my love and affection of my EF (extended family). They are my little world that feeds and expresses and holds me, embraces me with the warmth and care as that of a mother with her new born,” Big B posted on his blog Bigb.bigadda.com.
“The question people ask me often. Why do you do this. And how can you continue to do this every day without a break. When you had to you broke the news of Aishwarya on the Twitter and the Blog. Why would you want a private moment in your life to be put on a public platform, and that too by your own accord,” he added.
And the 68-year-old has just one reply to silence the wagging tongues.
“And I tell them…my Blog and my Twitter are my extended family. I consider it my duty to first inform my family! You have a problem with that ??… Silence and embarrassed faces!,” he said.
Big B also recollected an incident during the Abhi-Ash wedding when it was made a private affair and people had thrown stones at their house for not sharing the moment of joy and happiness with them.
“Wen I get my son married in a private manner, a marriage in the family, often considered a private moment… you throw stones in my house at that auspicious hour to show your resentment on why we have not made ourselves public! And today you question my effort to get public???!!! This is my family,” he said.
“We exist every day to be with each other in heart and soul. But you? You exist because of the commerce that it brings. You need to decide what and where you are and what you do. I know what and where I am and doing what!!” he added.
- Big B thanks 'family' for finding baby's morphed pic - Nov 22, 2011
- At 69, Amitabh logs on to his fan base - Oct 10, 2011
- No breaking news of Ash's baby, skeleton coverage on TV - Nov 16, 2011
- "I WANT MY FANS TO SHARE THEIR SPECIAL MOMENTS WITH ME ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE" - PRIYANKA CHOPRA - Aug 17, 2010
- Ash, baby doing great, tweets excited Abhishek - Nov 16, 2011
- I'll never discuss my personal life online: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Oct 18, 2010
- I love Beti B in Aishwarya's arms the most: Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Nov 25, 2011
- Big B seeks late parents' blessings for 'ninth' Bachchan - Nov 17, 2011
- Amitabh's abdominal surgery legacy of 'Coolie' accident: Abhishek - Feb 10, 2012
- Can't wait to have Ash, baby home: Abhishek - Nov 18, 2011
- Baby girl for Abhi-Ash - Nov 16, 2011
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
- Bhandarkar denies approaching any actress for 'Heroine' - Jul 12, 2011
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
- The cost of getting a new nose in Asia (The Funny Side) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,