Big B, Jaya visit Shatrughan Sinha in hospital (Movie Snippets)July 20th, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 20 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, along with wife Jaya, paid a visit to actor-friend Shatrughan Sinha, who is recovering after undergoing a bypass surgery.
“Shatrughan Sinha in hospital with a bypass heart surgery. Jaya and I immediately go and visit him,” Amitabh wrote on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com, after visiting the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Thursday.
“He has done well and so have the doctors and he remains in his room, out of the ICU, chatting dime a dozen with his humour intact! So reassuring,” added the 69-year-old, who has worked with the “Khamosh” star in films like “Bombay to Goa”, “Kaala Patthar” and “Naseeb”.
Big B was glad to see his actor-politician friend on the road to quick recovery.
“Watching colleagues in hospital beds, suffering and in medical condition, is disturbing. But Shatrughan is in good spirits, as he always is, talking non-stop and showing no signs of the trauma he has been through. Thank god,” he posted.
Imran’s realistic approach
He plays a loafer in one movie and a Haryanvi rural boy in another. Actor Imran Khan is pushing his limits to give an authentic touch to characters in his forthcoming films.
The 29-year-old will be seen in the role of a loafer in Milan Luthria’s next “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2″, and to add a realistic touch to it, Imran is interacting with people from different areas, said a source.
The actor decided to learn Haryanvi language for a month, before he started to shoot for Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola”, in which he essays a Haryana-based boy opposite actress Anushka Sharma.
Besides these two projects, he will be seen in Tigmanshu Dulia’s “Milan Talkies”. Imran has previously sported a clean shaven look in movies like “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na”, “I Hate Love Stories,” and “Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu”, but has recently been flaunting a heavily bearded look.
‘Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal’ has identity of its own: Priyadarshan
Filmmaker Priyadarshan is set to take the audiences on another laughter ride with comic caper “Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal”, and says the movie is distinct.
“‘Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal’ is a film with an identity of its own,” Priyadarshan said in a statement.
The movie features Nana Patekar, Paresh Rawal, Om Puri, Shreyas Talpade, Asrani, Shakti Kapoor and Neeraj Vora.
“The casting is done according to script requirements, and my actors have perfectly fitted the slot. It is a no expenses spared effort that will regale audiences,” he added.
The film releases Sep 28, and producer Shailendra Singh of Percept Pictures says it is a “melting pot of a league of extraordinary gentlemen, extraordinary actors, bringing their own flavour and spice to a Priyadarshan-helmed entertainment.”
- I'm privileged to work in Bollywood: Madhurima - Sep 10, 2012
- Southern films good learning ground for Hindi actors: Madhhurima - Sep 11, 2012
- Priyadarshan busy as bee, thanks to new projects - Aug 30, 2012
- Shreyas gets nostalgic, says misses 'chaddi buddies' - Apr 11, 2012
- Anjana Sukhani in 'Kamal Dhamaal Malamaal' item song - Apr 21, 2012
- After 86 films, who cares about critics: Priyadarshan (Interview) - Aug 28, 2012
- I don't believe in favouritism: Priyadarshan - Apr 17, 2012
- Tusshar heads to Vaishno Devi after 24 years (Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- Soha's high street fashion funda (Movie Snippets) - Aug 27, 2012
- Shreyas pulls fast one on 'Kamaal Dhamaal...' team (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - May 22, 2012
- Nana ignores back pain, lifts Shreyas (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 15, 2012
- 'Tere Naal...' promotions give me, Genelia time together: Riteish - Feb 21, 2012
- No pre-release jitters for Imran Khan - Feb 06, 2012
- 'Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal' soundtrack lacks fizz (IANS music review) - Sep 13, 2012
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: ambani, amitabh bachchan, authentic touch, bypass heart surgery, dime a dozen, dulia, forthcoming films, hospital beds, imran, kaala, kokilaben dhirubhai ambani hospital, loafer, mandola, naseeb, realistic approach, realistic touch, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, vishal bharadwaj, wife jaya