Big B in awe of Southern superstars’ humilityJuly 12th, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 12 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan teamed up with southern superstars like Prabhu, Nagarjuna and Shiva for an advertising campaign for a jewellery brand and says he is in awe of their generosity and humbleness.
For the campaign, the 69-year-old was joined by Tamil actor Prabhu, son of veteran Shivaji Ganesan; Telugu actor Nagarjuna, son of the legendary thespian Akkineni Nageswara Rao; Kannada actor Shiva, son of Amitabh’s close friend and actor Raaj Kumar; and Malayalam actor Dilip.
“I have had the great honour and pleasure to have worked today with some of the popular and distinguished stars of the southern region of our country - Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala - who have been not just colleagues of our vast film industry, but have through the years been close friends,” Amitabh wrote on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com
“Despite the fact that their fan following and popularity is immense and earth shattering, they are by temperament such disciplined, gracious and humble beings, that it would not be possible to imagine their status and their standing if you were to meet them,” he added.
“Indeed I have always found the Southern stars to be all of such standing, irrespective of their god-like stature at home among their well wishers,” he added.
Amitabh, who did a cameo in actor Mohanlal’s Malayalam film “Kandahar”, feels Southern film industry is more creative and innovative than its Hindi counterpart.
“I have also never shied away from the fact that the South film industry is greatly more talented with fresh and innovative ideas and creative thought than their counterparts in the North. Working among them, in their climate of proficiency and talent is a delight and an unmitigated honour,” he wrote.
- Never thought of Hindi films: Nagarjuna - Sep 21, 2012
- Amitabh to carry Olympic torch - Jul 26, 2012
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Police begin investigations against Nagarjuna - Oct 02, 2011
- Bhojpuri films needs encouragement: Big B - Sep 02, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks, Annapurna Studios join hands - Oct 20, 2011
- Guwahati molestation: Amitabh questions media role - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Shiv Shiv' Nagarjuna's favourite from 'Damarukam' album - Sep 11, 2012
- Big B feels singers play vital role in actors' lives - Jul 31, 2012
- Concept to can: luring Hollywood to Hyderabad (With Images) - Apr 17, 2012
- Noted Telugu film actor launches film, media institute - Jun 30, 2011
- Who made Big B nervous? - Aug 17, 2012
- As youngster, Big B was in awe of dacoit Man Singh - Aug 16, 2012
- Big B meets 'complete sport' Judi Dench - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: advertising campaign, amitabh bachchan, andhra pradesh, cameo, close friends, creative thought, humbleness, humility, innovative ideas, kandahar, karnataka, malayalam film, nagarjuna, nageswara rao, raaj kumar, shiva, shivaji, southern film industry, southern stars, well wishers