Big B back home, upset with paparazzi’s insensitivity (With Image)February 24th, 2012 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 24 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan is relieved to be back home after a 12-day stay at the SevenHills Hospital here. However, the megastar says he had a tough time reaching his home thanks to “insensitive” paparazzi.
“The paparazzi, though kept away from the premises of the hospital, were there at the entrance and throughout the journey home, blocking the movement of the car by standing in front and on top of the vehicle, which was disturbing. I have yet to see them understand the sensitivity of a situation such as this,” the 69-year-old posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
Amitabh was operated upon Feb 11 for abdominal issues, and was under observation at the seven-star medical facility ever since. He was discharged Thursday evening, and several still and video cameramen crowded around his car for footage. This disturbed the veteran star.
“A patient just released from hospital needs to get back to his home and secure from the travel, to it, as soon as possible, but I guess they (media) would rather get their exclusive photograph than have such consideration. A pleasant request falls on dumb ears and anything stronger than that shall be legitimate invitation to their wrath, of being manhandled,” added the actor, who feels his reaction to the media’s behaviour could spiral into another controversy.
“A complicated procedure would then follow resulting in nothing, but a severe negativeness against the celebrity, and more. One has learnt over the years that any thought of controlling them is futile. Better then to tolerate this excessive intrusiveness and move on,” he wrote.
Amitabh also posted a picture of the scenario outside the hospital, and wrote: “Just an example of how media and paparazzi block my car, not allowing it to move, insensitive to the need of its just released ailing occupant to get home secure and as rapidly as possible.”
For now, he is thankful for all prayers for his speedy recovery.
“The surgery discomfort and soreness persists, but will take a while to finally erase itself from the pain glands, but in all, apart from a sluggish movement, god’s grace and prayers of the EF (extended family) have put me back on track again. My most gracious thanks to all,” he wrote.
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Big B gets better, comes out to greet fans (With Image) - Mar 12, 2012
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
- Big B thanks 'family' for finding baby's morphed pic - Nov 22, 2011
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Why Big B sneaked into his house? - Jan 02, 2012
- Can't wait to have Ash, baby home: Abhishek - Nov 18, 2011
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
- Big B to be discharged from hospital later Thursday - Feb 23, 2012
- Amitabh's abdominal surgery legacy of 'Coolie' accident: Abhishek - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, blog, cameramen, celebrity, controversy, ears, home thanks, insensitivity, invitation, journey home, medical facility, megastar, observation, occupant, photograph, prayers, premises, speedy recovery, wrath