Big B admires ‘disciplined’ southern film industryJanuary 9th, 2011 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who recently did a cameo in actor Mohanlal’s Malayalam film “Kandahar”, says he admires the discipline in southern cinema.”They may be in different language, but when the camera rolls we are all the same - professional, disciplined and nervous as hell! I have always admired the sense of discipline in the South,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com Saturday.
“Have admired their management qualities and the reverence they show to fellow artists and to the profession. We in the Western parts of the nation still have a long way to go before we can match up to them in this, but I think that we are getting there.
“Cinema from the state of Kerala has always been aesthetic and sensitive even in their commercial versions, the literacy quotient being the highest in the country. Though according to recent analysis other states are catching up, if not surpassing them,” he added.
- Big B may feature in Rajasthani movie - Jul 27, 2011
- Big B to work in Mohanlal's film for free - Apr 17, 2010
- Dilip Saheb, a colossus: Big B - May 04, 2012
- Nitish Kumar is a simple and modest man: Big B - Aug 04, 2011
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- Big B in awe of Southern superstars' humility - Jul 12, 2012
- Indian actors a recognizable force overseas: Big B - Sep 12, 2011
- Big B to be honoured at Pune film fest - Jan 10, 2012
- Song, dance a major crisis for me: Big B - May 09, 2012
- Amitabh's abdominal surgery legacy of 'Coolie' accident: Abhishek - Feb 10, 2012
- Big B delighted to shoot with Sridevi after 18 years - Jul 19, 2011
- Dilip Kumar my idol and inspiration: Amitabh - Dec 11, 2011
- Big B enjoying the company of granddaughter - Nov 25, 2011
- I'm doing Malayalam film only for Mohanlal: Big B - Jun 29, 2010
- Luhrmann has been a huge revelation: Amitabh - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bigb, cameo, commercial versions, discipline, fellow artists, kandahar, literacy, malayalam film, management qualities, megastar, New Delhi, profession, quotient, reverence, southern cinema, southern film industry, state of kerala