Bieber inspired by JacksonJune 21st, 2012 - 8:51 am ICT by IANS
London, June 21 (IANS) Teen sensation Justin Bieber’s “Die in Your Arms” is inspired by Michael Jackson, after he worked with the his producer Rodney Jerkins.
Jerkins, who produced Jackson’s “You Rock My World”, made Bieber watch that video to get him into the right mindset before recording, reports contactmusic.com.
“Before I got in the booth, Rodney showed me this hour-long video of Michael footage, never been seen before. It’s Michael’s personality, him in the booth dancing. It’s some really special stuff.
“So me seeing that, going in there and being inspired and working with Rodney, who worked with Michael - it was incredible,” the 18-year-old said.
Bieber also assured fans he is a real musician rather than a manufactured pop star, and has an hands-on role with all of his tracks.
“I was very involved in the process, I played instruments, produced, wrote, so I want people to know it’s not all hype. I want people to know I’ve been working hard on my music. Focus on the music. Don’t think I’m just this product pushed out there. I work hard, and music is really important to me,” he said.
- Lady Gaga the new Michael Jackson? - Mar 27, 2010
- Producer Rodney Jerkins likens Lady Gaga to MJ - Mar 27, 2010
- Justin Bieber Launches ‘Pray’ Video On Facebook - Nov 27, 2010
- Bieber's tour inspired by MJ - Aug 03, 2012
- Britney Spears to release new album? - Aug 04, 2010
- Justin Bieber influenced by Michael Jackson - Jan 05, 2011
- MJ inspires Bieber - Jul 09, 2012
- Bieber pays tribute to Michael Jackson - Apr 11, 2012
- Bieber's basketball movie faces delays - May 10, 2012
- Bieber's online search for dancers - Aug 05, 2012
- Justin Bieber & Mike Gundy share ringtones - Feb 15, 2011
- Justin Bieber 'disappointed' by Grammy snub - Feb 15, 2011
- Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey's collaboration video to premiere soon - Nov 28, 2011
- Bieber doesn't believe in Santa Claus - Dec 19, 2011
- Britney Spears 'Telephone' Demo Leaked! - May 05, 2010