‘Bhoot 2′ is ‘Bhoot Returns’ (Movie Snippets)August 31st, 2012 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 31 (IANS) The title tussle between filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) and Nitin Manmohan has finally been resolved as the former has decided to name the sequel of his 2003 film “Bhoot” as “Bhoot Returns”.
Varma had directed “Bhoot”, while Nitin Manmohan had produced it. After its success, “Bhoot 2″ as a title was registered by producer Nitin Manmohan’s company because at that time Nitin Manmohan and RGV were together.
However, both of them later parted ways. Last year, Nitin Manmohan had announced that he is making “Bhoot 2″ with Vikram Bhatt as the director. But when Vikram came to know it was not done with RGV’s consent, he backed out.
The new producers of RGV’s sequel, Alumbra Entertainment and Eros International, had repeatedly requested Manmohan to give up the title claiming, the original creator was RGV.
“The producers repeated requested in Manmohan to give the copyright of the title. But he delayed the process,” said a source
As a result, RGV changed the title of his film from “Bhoot 2″ to “Bhoot Returns”. The film marks the comeback of actress Manisha Koirala.
Bipasha’s dad loves her in Indian attire
Actress Bipasha Basu had recently revealed that she loves to wear Indian attire — and why not? Her father loves to see his daughter in the traditional wear.
“My father’s favourite look on me! Traditional bengali pujo look! Dads are adorable!” Bipasha tweeted.
Ranbir, Dhoni’s mutual admiration society
Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor recently visited Delhi to shoot for a Pepsi commercial with cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni. And the actor was all praise for the Indian skipper.
According to a source from the location, Ranbir and Dhoni hit it off instantly and chatted about cricket and movies in between the shots. Ranbir is said to be a fan of Dhoni’s aggression on-field and the unorthodox captaincy.
The new ad featuring the two goes on air Aug 31
- Varma making 'BHHOOoo' to scare his rivals - Jun 16, 2011
- RGV excited about 'Bhoot' sequel 'BHHOOoo' - Jun 14, 2011
- RGV uses optical illusion in 'Bhoot Returns' poster (With Image) - Sep 04, 2012
- Manisha to play key role in 'Bhoot' sequel - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' shows actors' struggle in life - Aug 01, 2012
- Emraan Hashmi done with sequels - Sep 05, 2012
- I don't think cinema in Rs.100-cr terms: RGV - Sep 20, 2012
- RGV's 'Satya 2' not on floors until 2013 - Sep 19, 2012
- To be a celebrity, be strong: Bipasha - May 17, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt sings for wife, walks the ramp - Aug 06, 2011
- Mix of horror, thrill in 'Raaz 3' (IANS preview) - Sep 05, 2012
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- Shimit Amin became director by accident - Dec 11, 2009
- Manisha one of our finest actresses: RGV (Movie Snippets) - Sep 21, 2012
- For Bipasha, making fitness DVD challenging - May 20, 2012
Tags: bengali, bhoot, bipasha basu, cricketer, eros international, filmmaker, indian attire, indian skipper, mahendra singh dhoni, manisha koirala, manmohan, mutual admiration society, nitin manmohan, pepsi commercial, pujo, ram gopal varma, ranbir kapoor, rgv, snippets, tussle