‘Bhindi Bazaar’ Director Finds Pickpocketing More Heroic Than Being A GangsterJanuary 10th, 2011 - 9:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
finds pickpocketing to be a heroic job! The debutant director says that this artful job is much heroic than being a gangster and killing with a gun.
The director has kept pickpocketers as the background of his story. He has done a thorough research on these pickpocketers in the streets of Mumbai and found that most of them do it only to take forward the legacy of their fathers. Bhindi Bazaar is a renowned place in South Mumbai. One can get all the antique pieces from this market.
While researching on the pickpocketers, Bhatt found that these people are very intelligent and can easily snatch your purse in the crowd of 200 to 300 people. The film will show, how these people survive in this risky profession by making use of their spontaneity and intelligence.
Ghalib Asad Bhopali and Kapil Gulati have written the story of film, which starts with a game of chess. It shows how a person with no identity makes it big by just using his brains.
The director, who earlier worked in various television shows, is exploring the big screen for the second time after starting with Marathi film Man Pakhru Pakhru. He also discovered that some of the pickpocketers do it only to get pleasure by fooling others. He studied the psyche of these people before making the film, which stars veteran Deepti Naval, Pawan Malhotra, Kay Kay Menon and Shilpa Shukla.
Bhatt has shot the film completely only in 35 days and they spent about 22 days only in Bhindi Bazaar. So, we can expect to see another exploration of the streets of Mumbai in this upcoming film.
- Pickpockets more heroic than gangsters: 'Bhindi Bazaar' director - Jan 10, 2011
- Comedy, romance, action to hit the box-office Friday (IANS Preview) - Jun 13, 2011
- 'Bhindi Baazaar Inc' shakes you, sometimes to core! (IANS Movie Review, Rating ***) - Jun 18, 2011
- Saif is a great listener: Prakash Jha (Movie Snippets) - May 20, 2011
- 'Bhindi Bazaar.Inc' release postponed to May 20 - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Bhindi Bazaar' is for multiplexes, says Britain-based producer - Sep 26, 2010
- Mumbai Continues To Charm The Filmmakers - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Bhindi Bazaar...' actress warns mom about bold scenes (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
- 'Bhindi Baazaar. Inc.' release postponed till June 10 - May 05, 2011
- Kay Kay In Love With Chess - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Bhindi Baazaar Inc' to now release June 17 - Jun 02, 2011
- 'Salaam Bombay': Bollywood's romance with city of dreams continues - Jan 18, 2011
- Marketing has taken over content in Bollywood: Kay Kay Menon - May 26, 2011
- Deepti Naval finds nothing wrong with remakes - Dec 09, 2011
- Marketing cannot make anyone a star, says Kay Kay - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: antique pieces, bazaar, brains, deepti naval, film man, game of chess, gangster, gulati, kapil, kay kay, kay kay menon, pawan malhotra, psyche, purse, second time, shilpa shukla, south mumbai, spontaneity, television shows, upcoming film