Bhansali stranded at Jaipur airportNovember 19th, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Nov 19 (IANS) A visit to Jaipur turned out to be rather a nightmare for director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, whose much talked-about film “Guzaarish” has just hit the screens.
On Wednesday, when he was waiting to board his flight back to Mumbai, freak rains created a situation so unique that Bhansali found himself in a strange situation.
“Though it was raining heavily, the Mumbai-Jaipur flight landed on time and we got ready to board the flight. But after the landing no passenger came out of the aircraft. The minutes ticked into hours. Still no sign of anyone emerging from the aircraft. We were told nothing. We just sat waiting for movement from the aircraft wondering if it was being held hostage,” said Bhansali.
Several hours after the scheduled departure time, it came to light that the passengers who had landed in Jaipur from Mumbai refused to deboard because it was raining and there was no bus to carry them to the terminal.
They finally de-boarded two hours after arrival. But then began the second-half of the drama - the passengers waiting at Jaipur refused to board the plane.
Recalling the harrowing incident, Bhansali said: “The passengers then started saying they won’t board in protest for the delay. One passenger even took out a video camera to record this freak delay for posterity. I was hiding in a corner. If I got captured on camera and the news channels got a hand on it, I’d become more famous then I wanted to be.”
The ground crew finally convinced the passengers to board.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali: Why He Chose To Stay Behind Camera At Jaipur Airport? - Nov 22, 2010
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Snag-hit American Airlines flight departs for Chicago - Jun 21, 2011
- Fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Harrowing time once again for air travellers - Jan 22, 2010
- Driver kills six tourist passengers - Oct 05, 2011
- Baggage woes delay Air India passengers at T3 - Nov 12, 2010
- Plane skids off runway at Kochi airport, two injured - Aug 29, 2011
- Fog envelops Delhi, flights disrupted - Feb 17, 2011
- Snag grounds Jetlite flight - May 02, 2012
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- AI's Mumbai-Chennai flight delayed 9 hours - May 29, 2010
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Shabana, Jaya bond during crisis - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: being held hostage, departure time, freak, ground crew, jaipur airport, mumbai, news channels, nightmare, posterity, protest, sanjay leela bhansali, screens, second half, strange situation, subhash k jha, video camera