Bhandarkar on jury of Cairo film festSeptember 6th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 6 (IANS) Acclaimed Indian director Madhur Bhandarkar has been invited at the 35th Cairo International Film Festival, starting Nov 27, to judge a segment.
Bhandarkar has been chosen to be part of the International Jury segment because of his contribution to the Indian cinema.
“I am delighted to be a part of the International Jury for the 35th edition of Cairo International Film Festival. I love the theme that they have ‘positive thinking revolution and freedom’,” the 44-year-old said in a statement.
This is not the first time Bhandarkar is going to be a part of the event. In 2010, a retrospect of his five films including “Chandni Bar”, “Page 3″, “Corporate”, “Traffic Signal” and “Fashion” was showcased at the prestigious film fest.
Many big names from Hollywood have been associated with the festival like Salma Hayek, Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis and Bill Murray.
- Madhur's five films to be shown at international film festival - Nov 12, 2009
- 'Chandni Bar', 'Fashion' to be screened in Berlin - Aug 13, 2012
- NEW YORK opens Cairo International Film Festival, 2009 - Nov 04, 2009
- Mumbai Film Festival honours Oliver Stone at closing ceremony - Oct 29, 2010
- Sandeep Marwah Honored At 33rd Cairo International Film Festival - Nov 19, 2009
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Boney Kapoor, Adoor get lifetime achievement awards at Cairo fest - Nov 14, 2009
- Indian bags best actor award at Cairo film fest (With Images) - Nov 26, 2009
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
Tags: bill murray, bruce willis, cairo international film festival, fashion, film fest, films, freedom, hollywood, indian cinema, indian director, international film festival, international jury, prestigious film, retrospect, salma hayek, samuel l jackson, segment, traffic signal