Bhagya is sore but not givig upApril 18th, 2009 - 12:19 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Despite being a mother and being around for so many years, Bhagyashree has kept herself in great shape.
But “Maine Pyaar Kiya’ almost 20 years back still remains her sole claim to fame.
And rightfully so After all, she made the mistake of signing some godforsaken like “Payal’ just because she wanted to fulfill her silly demand of only acting opposite her hubby Himalay who neither had the looks, the body or the personality to be a hero.
But Bhagya kept on trying, did TV, even produced TV software, appeared in some movies and also recently did “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’.
But she became one of the first celebs to be chucked out of the show.
And she has revealed her problems with the show now.
She’s been complaining relentlessly saying: “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” but became the first one to get voted out. She says the show was more about generating gossip and creating rivalry than about dancing alone. For me, ‘Jhalak…’ was a wonderful opportunity to learn dance. But after joining, I found out that it wasn’t really just a dance reality show. They wanted a strong element of gossip, rivalry, competition, flirting, etc and I couldn’t get myself to be a part of all that. It’s not me and it’s not the way I have been brought up,”
She’s added: “When I was asked to participate, it was given that it is a programme where non-dancers would get to learn different types of dance forms and would then perform. But sadly, it didn’t turn out to be so. People actually came up to me and said, ‘Why don’t you go ahead and just do something (gossip, backbiting) for TRPs?’ For me, a reality show like ‘Jhalak…’ was supposed to be like its international counterpart ‘Dancing With The Stars’ - people fall and get hurt there for real, people get angry at their choreographers if they can’t learn a step - but what was happening here put me off entirely.”
But despite everything she says she enjoyed working with her choreographer Toby Fernandes who won the show wih Mona Singh in the first season and wishes to make a comeback.
She’s added, “I’m looking forward to the wild card entry because I had a fantastic choreographer and teacher in the form of Toby Fernandes. I have learnt dancing from him. The only thing I was upset about was they were trying to project me as someone else and I didn’t like that. But I have forgiven them because I can’t hold vengeance against anyone.”
Now she’s around 40 but looking greatly forward to her Marathi film ‘Zhak Marli Bayko Keli’ which she says is wonderful as she gets to do a film finally in my mother tongue something she never got a chance for.
And there’s the Bollywood film -’Red Alert - The War Within’ along with Suniel Shetty as well where she’ll be glam too
So all said and done, it’s clear that the woman is not ready to retire as yet. She’s one who thinks that she’s a long way to go. -Sampurn Media
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' makers wanted gossip, rivalry for TRPs: Bhagyashree - Apr 16, 2009
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- I pushed Chang beyond his level: Choreographer Marischa (Interview) - Mar 09, 2011
- Shibani Dandekar out of 'Jhalak...' - Aug 25, 2012
- Chinese Indian Meiyang Chang bags 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' trophy - Mar 09, 2011
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Colors acquires 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', signs Madhuri - Feb 14, 2012
- Dancing to luck in Bollywood: the choreographers (This is the fifth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 27, 2011
- Archana eliminated from 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Jul 14, 2012
- Isha may win 'Jhalak...': Archana Vijaya - Jul 15, 2012
- Sanath, Madhuri do a Sri Lankan jig (With Images) - Jun 30, 2012
- Giaa Manek out of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Aug 18, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Sanath Jayasuriya grooves to 'Tama tama loge' - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: backbiting, choreographer, choreographers, claim to fame, dance forms, dancing with the stars, godforsaken, great shape, himalay, hubby, international counterpart, jaa, maine pyaar, mona singh, payal, reality show, rivalry, trps, tv software, types of dance