Beyonce’’s Single Ladies named Best Single of 2008December 12th, 2008 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 12 (ANI): Beyonce Knowles” empowerment anthem for single women has been named the Best Single of 2008 by Rolling Stone magazine.
The singer’’s catchy tune Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) has beaten Santogolds LES Artistes to claim the number one spot on the magazine’’s top 100 hitlist.
Time To Pretend by MGMT came third while Blitzen Trappers Furr landed the fourth spot.
Rounding off the top five was Lil Waynes Lollipop.
The top ten Best Single of 2008 are:
1. Beyonce Knowles - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
2. Santogold - LES Artistes
3. MGMT - Time To Pretend
4. Blitzen Trapper - Furr
5. Lil Wayne - Lollipop
6. Beck - Gamma Ray
7. Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy
8. My Morning Jacket - I”m Amazed
9. Coldplay - Viva la Vida
10. T.I. - No Matter What (ANI)
- 2010 Grammy Nominations List - Jan 31, 2010
- Lil Wayne sued by 'Lollipop' producer - Mar 23, 2011
- New York band TV on the Radio tops magazine album poll - Dec 11, 2008
- Beyonce's 'Crazy In Love' voted 'Greatest Track Of The Last 10 Years' - Nov 27, 2009
- Lil Wayne sued by producer over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Beyonce to open dance school - Aug 22, 2011
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- Beyonce's dad Mathew Knowles in a paternity scandal - Oct 05, 2009
- Beyonce turns to DJ Switch for her new album - Mar 31, 2011
- Michelle Obama 'world's most powerful woman' - Oct 07, 2010
- Beyonce tops celebrity perfumes' list - Aug 17, 2011
- Lil Wayne faces legal action over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Rapper Lil Wayne Releases His New Single "6' 7" - Dec 15, 2010
- Lady Gaga is on the Forbes powerful women's list - Oct 07, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey named 'World's Most Powerful Celebrity' - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: anthem, beck, beyonce, beyonce knowles, blitzen trapper, catchy tune, coldplay, estelle, furr, gamma ray, hitlist, kanye west, lil wayne, lil waynes, my morning jacket, rolling stone magazine, santogold, single ladies, single women, viva la vida