Beyonce was petrified performing before idol Etta JamesApril 13th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, April 13 (ANI): Beyonce Knowles had to work hard and gather her nerves before she performed before legendary blues singer Etta James.
The R&B queen, who plays the 70-year-old veteran in her new movie Cadillac Records, confessed that she could feel the jitters as she sang her idol’s classic, At Last.
“You can only imagine how scary it is when you’re singing someone’s song dressed up as them,’ the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“I knew she was very tough and my heart was racing. She had her arms folded and I was like, `Oh, my God! Don’t mess this up, don’t mess this up!’
“Then I did her famous growl and she perked up and looked at her son and punched him on the shoulder like, `That girl is doing it!’ and I was like, `Yes, I got her!’
“At the end I hugged her and wanted to cry, because she’s one of my heroes. She is definitely happy with the movie,’ she added. (ANI)
- Singer Etta James passes away - Jan 21, 2012
- Beyonce inspired Kimberley Walsh - Aug 14, 2011
- Beyonce ready for motherhood - Dec 03, 2011
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- Knowles, Berry inspires Kimberley Walsh - May 24, 2011
- Beyonce nervous about comeback - May 27, 2012
- Beyonce loves make-up - May 07, 2012
- Beyonce hates smell of hubby - Sep 29, 2011
- Kelly Rowland's embarrassing moment - Oct 08, 2011
- Beyonce shocked over surrogacy rumours - May 01, 2012
- Beyonce pays handwritten tribute to mom - May 15, 2012
- Adele overwhelmed by Beyonce praise - May 29, 2011
- Beyonce will no longer be managed by her father - Mar 29, 2011
- Beyonce says she no longer needs alter ego Sasha Fierce - Aug 16, 2010
- Kate not a fan of 'My Heart...' song - Apr 01, 2012