Beyonce sued by video game firm for bailing out on contractApril 27th, 2011 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 27 (ANI): Singer Beyonce Knowles has been sued by a video game company for allegedly bailing out on a contract, and destroying the firm’s business.
Beyonce, 29, was sued by Gate Five LLC, which has in a suit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court said the actress “drove 70 people into unemployment” one week before Christmas.
The company said the singer abruptly bailed out on a joint venture to commercialise the video game ‘Starpower: Beyonce’.
Gate Five lost its 6.7 million dollars investment, as well as more than 100 million dollars in profits the company would have earned if the deal survived.
“Her actions were so unscrupulous that her then-manager [who is also her dad] renounced them,” the New York Daily News quoted the suit as stating.
“While a senior executive of the company…condemned her conduct as ‘morally reprehensible’ in an email he sent to one of her talent agents,” it stated. (ANI)
- Beyonce in legal trouble - Apr 27, 2011
- Beyonce sued over video shoot nuisance - May 29, 2010
- Beyonce, Jay-Z threw star tantrums in hospital - Jan 09, 2012
- Beyonce sued over new promo - May 29, 2010
- Britney Spears in legal mess over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- I hate the 'Telephone' video: Lady Gaga - May 30, 2011
- Beyonce Knowles is pregnant - Aug 29, 2011
- Beyonce shocked over surrogacy rumours - May 01, 2012
- Beyonce splurged $3,500 on crib - Jan 10, 2012
- Britney Spears sued over fragrance deal - Apr 01, 2011
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- Beyonce guarded about new album - Aug 04, 2012
- Jay-Z wants Beyonce to get back to work - Mar 20, 2012
- Beyonce buys Jay-Z private plane - Jun 21, 2012
- Women singers enjoy 'real' fame: Chris Martin - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: 100 million dollars in profits, actress, beyonce, beyonce knowles, christmas, dad, email, joint venture, manhattan, million dollars, new york daily news, supreme court, talent agents, unemployment, video game company, week before christmas, york daily news