Beyonce says that she loves Jay Z onstageMay 24th, 2011 - 12:27 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, May 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer Beyonce performed at the Billboard Awards on Sunday. It was the first time that the singer has sung her latest single “Run The World (Girls)” on stage. The singer was given an achievement award during the event which was aired on ABC. After receiving the award, the singer acknowledged her rapper husband Jay Z.
This is the first time since 2006 that the Billboard Music Awards have been held. Justin Bieber and Eminem topped the list of award winners with six awards each. Eminem who was not at the event won the top prize of the night when he was named the top artist of the year.
Beyonce was praised by so many celebrities including First Lady Michelle Obama for winning the achievement award on the night. The singer has come a long way since her days with the band Destiny’s Child. Since the singer went solo, most of her albums have moved to the top of the charts.
After receiving the award, Beyonce greeted her husband with the words “I Love Me Some Jay-Z.” The words drew large laughter at the event hall.
There were performances by other artists on the night. The event was held at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Beyonce to be honored with the Billboard millennium award - May 10, 2011
- Nicki Minaj & Britney Spears perform at the Billboard Music Awards - May 24, 2011
- Pregnant Beyonce graces the MTV Video Music awards - Aug 29, 2011
- Beyonce Knowles reportedly expecting a daughter - Oct 27, 2011
- Beyonce upset with attention seeker Kim Kardashian - Sep 07, 2012
- Beyonce loses her baby weight & sizzles on stage - May 29, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow causes racial controversy after tweeting the N-word - Jun 05, 2012
- Rihanna & Britney Spears open the 2011 Billboard Music Awards with sizzling duet - May 23, 2011
- Kanye West wants to be godfather of Beyonce's child - Sep 01, 2011
- Jay-Z and me love changing nappies: Beyonce - Sep 11, 2012
- Beyonce plans mega nursery for baby - Oct 21, 2011
- Kelly would be a good mum: Beyonce - Oct 23, 2011
- Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West, Beyonce rock the concert at Yankees Stadium - Sep 14, 2010
- Rowland happy for Beyonce - Oct 06, 2011
- Beyonce shows off her baby bump in a video - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: abc, achievement award, award winners, beyonce, billboard awards, billboard music awards, celebrities, destiny s child, eminem, first lady, jay z, justin bieber, las vegas, laughter, mgm grand, michelle obama, single run, top of the charts, world girls