Beyonce says she was crying like a 5-year-old at Obama’s inaugural ballMay 7th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 07 (ANI): Beyonce Knowles has revealed that she was in floods of tears just prior to her performance at Barack Obama’s inaugural ball.
In an interview to Marie Clare, the singer admitted that minutes before singing ‘At Last’ she was an emotional wreck.
However, she held it together and her rendition of the Etta James classic for Barack and Michelle’s first dance remains one of the enduring moments of the day.
“I had to tell myself, ‘They asked you to do this. You have to do a great job. This is their history. Calm down. Calm down,’” People magazine quoted her as saying.
“I barely made it. Literally seconds before the song started, I was crying like a 5-year-old,” she added.
However, Beyonce remains proud of that moment - and all of her accomplishments so far.
“Fifteen years from now, I want to be able to look back and say ‘Wow.’ That’s where I was at 27. That was my best,” she said. (ANI)
- Billboard honours Beyonce with top-notch award - May 23, 2011
- Beyonce to bounce back with two albums - Feb 17, 2012
- I love Gaga, she's most talented: Beyonce - Jul 27, 2011
- Singer Etta James passes away - Jan 21, 2012
- X Factor Season Premiere: Melanie Amaro - Sep 23, 2011
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- Women singers enjoy 'real' fame: Chris Martin - Oct 17, 2011
- Knowles ketchup cravings - Nov 09, 2011
- Demi Lovato overwhelmed by fan support - Jul 13, 2011
- Adele overwhelmed by Beyonce praise - May 29, 2011
- Kelly would be a good mum: Beyonce - Oct 23, 2011
- Madonna breaks down during concert - Jul 06, 2012
- Kelly Rowland's embarrassing moment - Oct 08, 2011
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Singing for Obama was my proudest moment, says Beyonce - Aug 20, 2010