Beyonce pays tribute to HoustonMay 27th, 2012 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angles, May 27 (IANS) Singer Beyonce Knowles recently gave her first performance after becoming a mother and paid tribute to Whitney Houston by singing the late star’s popular number “I will always love you”.
The 30-year-old set the stage on fire in New Jersey Friday. It was her first gig since giving birth to daughter Blue Ivy in January.
Contactmusic.com reports that she sang a slew of her hits including “Single ladies”, “Irreplaceable”, “Halo” and “If I were a boy”, and told the audience: “I gotta say, it feels so good to be back home on stage.”
Beyonce also paid tribute to her idol, Houston, by belting out one of her hit songs.
- Beyonce loses her baby weight & sizzles on stage - May 29, 2012
- Michelle Obama attends Beyonce concert - May 27, 2012
- Beyonce pays handwritten tribute to mom - May 15, 2012
- Jay-Z and me love changing nappies: Beyonce - Sep 11, 2012
- Rita Ora finds Beyonce amazing - Jun 18, 2012
- Beyonce nervous about comeback - May 27, 2012
- Beyonce reveals post-pregnancy fitness regime - May 29, 2012
- Jay-Z wants Beyonce to get back to work - Mar 20, 2012
- Beyonce shocked over surrogacy rumours - May 01, 2012
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Daughter pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Aug 10, 2012
- Amber Riley's Whitney Houston's cover on Glee - Feb 16, 2012
- Beyonce to bounce back with two albums - Feb 17, 2012
- Beyonce designs shirt for Obama's campaign - Jan 14, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson pays tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: audience, becoming a mother, beyonce, beyonce knowles, contactmusic, first performance, gig, giving birth, halo, hit songs, los angles, set the stage, single ladies, slew, tribute, whitney houston