Beyonce Knowles wins copyright infringement lawsuitJanuary 4th, 2008 - 6:25 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 4 (ANI): R&B singer Beyonce Knowles has won a copyright infringement lawsuit against an unknown songwriter who had claimed the star stole her song to create her 2003 hit Baby Boy.
Jennifer Armour claimed that she had sent her track for consideration to Mathhew Knowles, Beyonces father and manager in 2003.
However, a U.S. judge ruled in 2006 that there was no evidence to suggest that the former Destinys Child singer had copied a demo recording of the track by Armour.
Armour appealed against the ruling last year but again the judge ruled in favour of Beyonce after being satisfied by evidence showing that the singer had already finished her song when Armour submitted her track.
A statement released on Jan 2, 2008 said that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit “upheld the 2006 trial court decision dismissing a copyright infringement lawsuit brought against Beyonce”.
Beyonce is pleased that the whole case has finally come to an end.
“It’s unfortunate that we had to endure this long legal process, but I am hopeful this decision will allow all of us that were involved to finally move on,” Contactmusic quoted Beyonce, as saying. (ANI)
- Beyonce to testify in court over copyright dispute? - Nov 11, 2009
- John Legend accused of stealing song - Jul 08, 2011
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
- Black Eyed Peas in legal soup over 'I Gotta Feeling', 'Boom Boom Pow' - Oct 30, 2010
- Beyonce Knowles & Jay-Z change their names - Dec 25, 2009
- 'Nikita' lawsuit meritless: Elton John - Apr 28, 2012
- Plagiarism charge: John Legend to move court - Jul 22, 2011
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- Beyonce accused of stealing design - Aug 25, 2010
- Lady Gaga sued over 'Judas' - Aug 06, 2011
- Beyonce loses her baby weight & sizzles on stage - May 29, 2012
- Rita Ora finds Beyonce amazing - Jun 18, 2012
- 50 Cent named in copyright infringement case - Dec 16, 2010
- Beyonce Knowles sacrificed friends for career - Jun 21, 2011
- Is Beyonce going to release her new single in three weeks? - Sep 24, 2010