Beyonce Knowles Perfume Faces Setback In UKNovember 27th, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Beyonce Knowles the singer who manages to stay in the headlines often for reasons not related to her career is back in the limelight again! Her new perfume Heat has faced the axe in UK and the ad of the perfume can not be showed in TV during daytime. This has happened after the Advertising Standards Authority in UK said that the ad for her perfume is too raunchy and not suitable for viewing for the kids. Hence, it cannot be aired before 7.30 pm. After the ad surfaced in TV in the UK the parents became worried for its provocative content. The ad shows the singer almost without clothes in a bathtub and her gestures are rather vulgar and suggestive. The British watchdog agency said “Several complainants had told us their children had seen the ad broadcast during the middle of the day around family programs”.
However, the manufacturers of the perfume Heat have tried to defend the disputed commercial saying that it gels quite well with her image. As a matter of fact, Beyonce Knowles has made her place in the richest celebs and she is just after Oprah Winfrey in such a power list published by a coveted magazine. She has garnered $89 million from ads, tie ups and fashion endorsements. The watchdog agency that objected to the showing of the ad in daytime said that ad itself is not harmful. However, the way she makes movements and the focus on the camera on her body are quite sleazy.
Beyonce Knowles has not said anything on this so far. She is now said to be pregnant with her first baby.
- Beyonce's new fragrance ad banned - Nov 17, 2010
- Beyonce's raunchy perfume ad branded 'too hot for kids' - Nov 17, 2010
- Beyonce defends her perfume commercial - Mar 02, 2011
- Beyonce tops celebrity perfumes' list - Aug 17, 2011
- Beyonce defends racy 'Heat' perfume ad - Mar 02, 2011
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Beyonce wants women to feel sensual with new fragrance - Feb 03, 2011
- Beyonce launches House Of Dereon in Britain - Sep 20, 2011
- Women singers enjoy 'real' fame: Chris Martin - Oct 17, 2011
- Jay Z, Beyonce buy home in London - May 12, 2012
- Nothing more empowering than pregnancy: Beyonce - Sep 23, 2011
- Cowell finds Gaga boring - Sep 28, 2011
- Beyonce voted most stylish mother-to-be - Dec 02, 2011
- Winfrey shoots in bathtub, sans make-up! - Jan 01, 2011
- Beyonce shocked over surrogacy rumours - May 01, 2012
Tags: advertising standards authority, axe, bathtub, beyonce, beyonce knowles, broadcast, celebs, clothes, endorsements, gestures, limelight, matter of fact, new perfume, oprah winfrey, provocative content, ranjan, setback, tie ups, ups, watchdog agency