‘Bewitched’ to be made againAugust 11th, 2011 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 11 (IANS) American situation comedy “Bewitched” is all set to be remade.
The original 1960s series, starring Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York, Dick Sargent, Agnes Moorehead and David White, ran for eight seasons. It was a huge hit.
The show was reinvigorated in 2005 when Nicole Kidman stepped into Montgomery’s shoes in the big-screen adaptation.
The CBS television network wants to weave their magic on the sitcom now. They have ordered a script from Sony Pictures Television, reports dailystar.co.uk.
The story is about a witch called Samantha who marries a human being and tries to lead the life of an urban housewife.
- Poppy Montgomery cast as JK Rowling in new TV biopic - Mar 14, 2011
- Tia Mowry gives birth to baby boy - Jun 30, 2011
- Burnett to make final appearance on 'All My Children' - Jun 26, 2011
- Anna Nicole's life to be turned into opera - Aug 26, 2010
- Sheen's TV comeback big hit - Jul 02, 2012
- Charlie Sheen to star in rap video - Jul 09, 2011
- Stella McCartney to make acting debut - Dec 03, 2011
- Acting on Katy Perry's mind - Aug 07, 2012
- Reynolds dating German model - Mar 08, 2011
- Stewart donates shoes to charity - Jul 02, 2011
- Madonna not keen to judge reality show - Apr 20, 2012
- Mendes visits rape victims - Oct 25, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Poppy Montgomery & Linda Evans - Oct 18, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling's story to be made into a movie in Canada - Feb 17, 2011
- Lohan opposite porn star in thriller - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: 1960s, agnes moorehead, cbs, cbs television network, dick sargent, dick york, eight seasons, elizabeth montgomery, housewife, london, magic, nicole kidman, screen adaptation, shoes, sitcom, situation comedy, sony, sony pictures, television reports, witch