Beverly Hills Chihuahua tops weekend box officeOctober 6th, 2008 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 6 (ANI): Disney’’s animal comedy Beverly Hills Chihuahua topped the weekend box office after raking in 29 million dollars.
According to studio estimates, the pooch picture fared better than expected and toppled Eagle Eye, a DreamWorks-Paramount thriller, which fell to number two after earning 17.7 million dollars.
Nick and Nora’’s Infinite Playlist landed the third spot with 12 million dollars Nights in Rodanthe, 7.4 million dollars, reports E! Online.
Rounding off the top five was Appaloosa, 5 million dollars.
The top ten films at the weekend box office are:
1. Beverly Hills Chihuahua, $29 million
2. Eagle Eye, $17.7 million
3. Nick and Nora’’s Infinite Playlist, $12 million
4. Nights in Rodanthe, $7.4 million
5. Appaloosa, $5 million
6. Lakeview Terrace, $4.5 million
7. Burn After Reading, $4.1 million
8. Fireproof, $4.07 million
9. An American Carol, $3.8 million
10. Religulous, $3.5 million (ANI)
Tags: 1 million, 5 million, appaloosa, beverly hills, chihuahua, comedy, disney, dreamworks, eagle eye, million dollars, nick and nora, playlist, reading 4, thriller, top ten films, weekend box office