Between ‘Musafir’ and ‘Shortkut’, Anil-Sanju turn ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’June 17th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
It was way back in 2004 that Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt were seen together in Sanjay Gupta directed ‘Musafir’. While Anil Kapoor was the lead protagonist of the film while being paired opposite Sameera Reddy, Sanjay Dutt was the ‘friendly’ villain of the piece and made sure that there was trouble in sight whenever he encountered Anil Kapoor.
The film was a success and it was rather surprising that the two veteran actors were not seen sharing screen space again over last five years. Well, finally the wait is over as both actors would be seen in a film together this year. An Anil Kapoor production, ‘Shortkut - The Con Is On’, is the film in question where the two actors come together, albeit just for a special song and dance appearance. The song is titled ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’ which would be on air soon.
Confirms a source attached to this Neeraj Vora directed film which is all set for a 10th July release, “‘Shortkut - The Con Is On’ has Akshaye Khanna, Arshad Warsi and Amrita Rao as the three leads. However, Sanjay Dutt and Anil Kapoor would be seen in a guest appearance. The number is called ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’ which is composed by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy and has lyrics by Javed Akhtar.”
The number features Amrita Rao as well and has been choreographed by Bosco and Ceaser.
From Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Dard-E-Disco’, it has been quite a transition to ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’. While Shah Rukh Khan had shown his six-pack abs in the ‘Om Shanti Om’ song, Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt have decided to take a ’shortcut’ by being fully covered in the number ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’.
”Shooting for the song is through and it has turned out quite well. Sanju baba and Anil Kapoor had a blast dancing to this number. Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy have done a great job in creating an earthy tune”, says a crew member.
Incidentally, Anil Kapoor’s last outing as a producer was ‘Gandhi My Father’ which had received immense critical acclaim in 2007. However, ‘Shortkut - The Con Is On’ is a full on commercial venture and features three more songs in addition to ‘Mareez-E-Mohabbat’. While the title track ‘Shortkut’ is quite peppy, ‘Koi Ye Na Jaane’ is a fun romantic number while ‘Kal Nau Baje’ is a poetic love song.
‘Shortcut - The Con Is On’ also stars Simi Garewal along with Chunkey Pandey. Anees Bazmee, who has given three back to back hits in the form of ‘Singh Is Kinng’, ‘Welcome’ and ‘No Entry’, has written the screenplay of the film. -Sampurn Media
- 'Short Kut...' not best work of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (IANS Music Review) - Jun 19, 2009
- I was to do Akshaye's role in 'Short Kut': Anil Kapoor - Jul 04, 2009
- Movie Review: Shorkut (2009) - Jul 10, 2009
- 'Once Upon A Time…' leads IIFA nominations - Apr 02, 2011
- Shah Rukh starrer MNIK leads Filmfare nominations - Jan 13, 2011
- With stars, dance, music - IIFA spreads Indian fever in Toronto (Review) - Jun 27, 2011
- When Toronto was Bolly-wooed and bowled over - Jun 27, 2011
- Love for my work keeps me going: Anil Kapoor (Interview) - Jul 26, 2010
- Abhay was nervous about singing: Shankar - Jun 09, 2011
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- Arshad, Akshaye to tickle funny bones with 'Short Kut...' (IANS Movie Preview) - Jul 06, 2009
- Husain, you'll live through your creations: Rahman (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor sings for sex workers (Movie Snippets) - Sep 08, 2011
- Writing World Cup song was an emotional moment: Manoj Yadav (Interview) - Jan 05, 2011
- Live fever grips B-town promotions - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: accl, akshaye khanna, amrita rao, anil kapoor, arshad warsi, dard e disco, gandhi my father, guest appearance, javed akhtar, joginder, mohabbat, musafir, neeraj vora, sameera reddy, sanjay dutt, sanjay gupta, shah rukh khan, shortkut, six pack abs, veteran actors