Beth Ditto wants own fashion rangeMay 27th, 2012 - 9:10 am ICT by IANS
London, May 27 (IANS) Singer Beth Ditto, who is famed for her plus-sized figure, created a fashion line for British high street store Evans in 2007 but says she would now like to design a collection on her terms.
“I wish that there was more control in that line, but there wasn’t. It was really fun, but the things that I really wanted couldn’t be turned around in time. It was made in India, which caused a lot of conflict for me,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Ditto as saying.
“I really want to do my own line that’s ethically made, and I can do whatever the f**k I want with it. I also want to start an online vintage store, kind of like Re/Dress [Brooklyn's now-closed plus-size boutique]. I want to do a buy-the-outfit function, and I want to show how outfits look on all kinds of different body types, even boys and butches,” she added.
- Snoop Dogg to perform at Kate Moss's wedding - May 23, 2011
- Confused Beth Ditto avoided make-up in school - May 14, 2012
- Hudson's weight loss woes - Sep 19, 2010
- Beth Ditto in awe of Kate Moss - Sep 06, 2010
- Mila Kunis enjoys playing 'bitch' - Jul 30, 2012
- Nicole Richie owns over 200 sunglasses - May 17, 2012
- Victoria Beckham plans to open stores in China - Jun 15, 2012
- Allen inspires Minogue for vintage dress - Mar 31, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey responsible for boom in plus-sized lingerie - Jan 25, 2011
- Adele to design for Burberry? - Sep 18, 2012
- Paloma Faith doesn't believe in marriage - Jul 06, 2012
- Gayla Bentley launches plus size fashion line - Oct 17, 2009
- Victoria Beckham won't pose nude - Jul 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama is a practical dresser - Feb 12, 2011
- Victoria Beckham's obsessive exercise regime - Mar 25, 2012