Berry doubts her movie roleJanuary 19th, 2011 - 7:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 19 (IANS) Oscar-award winning actress Halle Berry doubts she is the best to play Aretha Franklin in an upcoming biopic, despite being personally chosen by the legendary singer.Berry, 44, insists she would be the wrong choice for the movie because of her lack of vocal talent, reports eonline.com.
“I can’t sing! If I could carry a tune, I’d consider it. Someone should tell Aretha that I can’t do her justice,” she said.
Berry’s reluctance may not please the 68-year-old singer, who recently said she wanted the actress to portray her in the film based on her 1999 autobiography “Aretha: From These Roots”.
- Halle Berry Refuses To Be Aretha Franklin In The Biopic - Jan 18, 2011
- Police on the look out for intruder who entered Halle Berry's house - Jul 11, 2011
- Aretha Franklin's biopic moving forward without Halle Berry - Jan 18, 2011
- Halle Berry to play Aretha Franklin - Jan 14, 2011
- Hurley excited to play vamp in 'Wonder Woman' - Mar 04, 2011
- Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Recuperating After 'Highly Successful' Surgery - Dec 05, 2010
- Demi Lovato shares picture on Twitter - Apr 11, 2012
- Gomez doesn't want to talk about Bieber - Jun 26, 2012
- Hilary Duff to shift to Canada? - Dec 13, 2011
- Aretha Franklin laughs off gastric bypass rumours - Mar 13, 2011
- Jennifer Garner plans to return to action genre - Aug 08, 2012
- Aretha Franklin Doing Well, Likely To Be Released From Hospital - Dec 12, 2010
- Cancer-stricken Aretha Franklin 'doing better than doctors expected' - Dec 10, 2010
- Payne's engagement rumours not true - Jul 12, 2012
- Barrymore mum over pregnancy, marriage rumours - Jun 03, 2012