Bengali version of ‘Dirty Picture’ stalled, Rakhi upset (Lead)July 6th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 6 (IANS) The Bengali version of “The Dirty Picture” has been stalled after Ekta Kapoor objected to its title. Rakhi Sawant, who was set to play the lead role in it, is shattered and hopes her good friend Ekta withdraws her complaint.
Ekta is the producer of Vidya Balan starrer “The Dirty Picture”, which was an unofficial biopic of southern sex symbol Silk Smitha.
Director-producer Satabdi Roy decided to make the hit in Bengali, but Balaji Motion Pictures has sent a letter asking him not to make the film.
Confirming the news Tanuj Garg, CEO of Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS: “A legal notice has been sent to the producer restraining them from the use of the title, as it was the case of passing off. We received a polite response denying the news reports of such a film being made by them. The legal notice has been sent to the Kannada film makers also, but the communication with them is still happening.”
This news has upset Rakhi.
“I don’t want to comment on it right now. I am very depressed because the film is not happening,” Rakhi told IANS.
Ekta is a very good friend of mine, claimed the item girl and added: “My only message to Ekta Kapoor is that I love her, I just love her. She is my idol. I respect her a lot, she is also a women like me, I hope she understands me. I am sure Ekta ‘meri zindagi mein taang nahi aadagegi’”
Having said that, Rakhi is still hopeful, “I am 1000 percent sure that this film will be made. Nobody can stop it. I know Ekta zaroor man jayegi.”
Known for her bindaas attitude and bluntness, Rakhi describes herself as perfect actor to play Silk Smitha in “The Dirty Picture”.
“I was very excited about the Bengali version of ‘The Dirty Picture’. I even started learning Bengali for the film. I know I am sexy, there is nobody sexier than me. I am perfect for ‘The Dirty Picture’,” the 33-year-old said.
Earlier, Ekta tried to stop producer Venkateappa from making the Kannada version of “The Dirty Picture”, but the filmmaker started the project after getting a green signal from a film body.
The shooting of Kannada version titled “Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga” stars Pakistani actress Veena Malik in the lead role. Thrishool is wielding the megaphone for it.
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi depressed - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Dirty Picture' in Kannada excites Veena Mallik - May 24, 2012
- Veena gets curvy, says size zero doesn't exist in South - Jul 03, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' in Kannada: Ekta Kapoor opposes title - May 06, 2012
- Want to be a step ahead of Vidya Balan: Veena Malik - May 26, 2012
- 'Dirty Picture' could be India's 'Boogie Nights': Ekta Kapoor - May 16, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' not a formal biopic - Nov 04, 2011
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Andhra High Court clears 'The Dirty Picture' - Dec 01, 2011
- Audiences yet to trust my banner: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 26, 2012
- As sultry as it gets-Vidya in 'The Dirty Picture' - Aug 26, 2011
- Vidya in bolder avatar in 'Dirty Picture' - Feb 03, 2011
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011
- My marriage plans jinxed: Veena Malik (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- I'm not ready to make wedding album: Vidya Balan - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: attitude, balaji, bengali version, biopic, ceo, film makers, good friend, kannada film, lead role, motion pictures, nahi, news reports, rakhi sawant, sex symbol, sexier, silk smitha, vidya balan, zindagi