Ben Stiller to direct ‘Help Me Spread Goodness’May 4th, 2009 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 4 (ANI): American comedian Ben Stiller is set to direct comedy drama “Help Me Spread Goodness”.
The story is about a Chicago banker who gets swindled in a Nigerian Internet scam, reports Variety magazine.
The script has been written by Mark Friedman and developed by Participant Media exec vice president Jonathan King and president Ricky Strauss, and Stiller will produce with Red Hour partner Stuart Kornfeld and Jeremy Kramer.
The project is meant for entertainment, but it at the same time sheds light on current issues in Nigeria and other African countries, fitting the Participant Media mandate to make films that compel social change.
Stiller, 43, is currently directing “The Trial of the Chicago 7″, an Aaron Sorkin-scripted drama that the actor took over after Steven Spielberg exited as director. (ANI)
- Stiller to reunite with Hill for new comedy - Jul 24, 2012
- Jeff Daniels to star in Aaron Sorkin's pilot - Mar 22, 2011
- Democratic Supreme Court puts Rahm Emanuel Back on Mayor Ballot - Jan 26, 2011
- India, Nigeria hope to have direct flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Emergency declared in Nigeria - Jan 01, 2012
- Mary Stuart Masterson is pregnant with twins - Mar 10, 2011
- Aaron Sorkin wins best screenplay golden globes for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Spielberg's next 'Gods and Kings'? - Nov 18, 2011
- Kristin Davis splits from Aaron Sorkin? - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Inception', 'Social Network' bag Writers Guild awards - Feb 07, 2011
- 45 Chinese arrested in Nigeria - May 24, 2012
- Spanish doctor kidnapped in Nigeria set free - Apr 22, 2012
- Nigerian president suspends national team from world football - Jul 01, 2010
- 'The Social Network' named 'Best Picture Of 2010' - Dec 14, 2010
- Nigeria to send astronauts aloft by 2015 - May 18, 2012
Tags: aaron sorkin, african countries, american comedian, ben stiller, chicago 7, chicago banker, comedy drama, current issues, exec vice president, internet scam, jeremy kramer, jonathan king, kornfeld, mark friedman, president jonathan, scam reports, scripted, steven spielberg, strauss, variety magazine