Ben Kingsley in ‘Iron Man 3′?April 10th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 10 (IANS) Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley is reportedly in the final stage of negotiations with the makers of “Iron Man 3″ to play a villain in the movie.
If things work out, he will feature as the enemy of Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. The exact details of the character are, however, being kept under wraps.
“Iron Man 3″ is believed to be loosely based on the 2005 “Extremis” comic book series. Variety.com reports that the villain is expected to be involved in spreading a virus through nanobots.
Joining Kingsley and Downey Jr. in the movie will be Gwyneth Paltrow, Scarlett Johansson and Don Cheadle.
Production is set to begin in May this year and the movie is slated to release May 3, 2013.
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Downey Jr. injured on 'Iron Man 3' set - Aug 17, 2012
- Chinese company to co-produce 'Iron Man 3' - Apr 17, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr injured during shooting of film - Aug 16, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson signs up for 'Iron Man' sequel - Mar 13, 2009
- Movie Review - Iron Man 2(2010) - May 08, 2010
- 'Iron Man 2' fails its predecessor miserably (IANS Movie Review) - May 09, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson 'turns red' for Iron Man 2! - Jul 18, 2009
- 'Iron Man 2' Expected To Score Well At Box Office - May 08, 2010
- Never thought Arthur Miller would follow 'Iron Man 2': Johansson (Interview) - May 09, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow wants more action scenes - May 07, 2010
- "Iron Man 2" Trailer Creates Sensation Among Fans Of The Series - Dec 17, 2009
- 'The Avengers'-Ups the bar for superhero franchisee (IANS Movie Preview) - Apr 28, 2012
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow Turned To Robert Downey Jr. To Receive Addiction Tips - Jan 03, 2011
- Downey Jr Injured on sets of 'Iron Man 3' - Aug 17, 2012