Ben Affleck’s ‘The Town’ tops weekend box office with $23.8mSeptember 20th, 2010 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 20 (ANI): Ben Affleck’s directorial venture ‘The Town’ has emerged the winner at this week’s box-office.
The ensemble crime drama which he directed and starred in, is his first box-office win since ‘Daredevil’ and has fetched a whopping 23.8 million dollars.
Emma Stone’s ‘Easy A’ made a second-place finish with 18.2 million dollars.
The M. Night Shyamalan-hatched chiller ‘Devil’ scared up fewer bucks than expected and finished at 12.6 million dollars.
‘Resident Evil: Afterlife’, last weekend’s No. 1 film, picked up another 10.1 million dollars at the fourth spot this week.
‘Alpha and Omega’ debuted at fifth-place with 9.2 million dollars gross at the box office, reports E! Online.
Here’s a complete look at the weekend’s top-grossing films, per Friday-Sunday estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations:
1. The Town, 23.8 million dollars
2. Easy A, 18.2 million dollars
3. Devil, 12.6 million dollars
4. Resident Evil: Afterlife, 10.1 million dollars
5. Alpha and Omega, 9.2 million dollars
6. Takers, 3 million dollars
7. The American, 2.8 milion dollars
8. Inception, 2.02 million dollars
9. The Other Guys, 2 million dollars
10. Eat Pray Love, 1.7 million dollars (ANI)
Tags: 1 million dollars, 6 million, alpha and omega, ben affleck, box office reports, crime drama, daredevil, devil, directorial venture, emma stone, exhibitor relations, inception, m night shyamalan, milion, omega 9, resident evil, resident evil afterlife, s box, top grossing films, weekend box office