Bellamy Brothers Might Sue Britney SpearsJanuary 15th, 2011 - 8:05 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Britney Spears’ latest single “Hold It Against Me” which has gone to top the music charts in both the U.S and Australia, is making the pop star realize once again how huge her fan following is. However, the song which is sure to groove you to its beat has come on the verge of landing itself in some legal soup after the Bellamy Brothers were seen questioning its originality.
The Bellamy Brothers claim that the current hit song from the 29-year-old pop singer’s “Hold It Against Me” bears resemblance to their 1979 hit song “If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me”. There is no doubt to it that the line from Britney Spears’ song has a familiarity to the 1979 hit song of the Bellamy Brothers but whether it can be regarded as a breach of originality will be decided by the law, provided that the Bellamy Brothers take the matter to the court. Although, until now there has been no news of the duo going for a legal filing against the pop queen but reports are abuzz that they may soon do so. The Nashville publicist of the Bellamy Brothers on Thursday make public announcements that the brothers right now are considering the legal options following which they will arrive at a decision.
The country musician brothers said that they have no doubts in admitting that Britney Spears is an immensely talented singer but at the same time pointed their fingers towards her originality. They are claiming that by doing this, the pop sensation has literally ripped off their famous track “If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body, Would You Hold It Against Me”.
- Britney accused of 'ripping off' the title of new single 'Hold It Against Me' - Feb 20, 2011
- Britney Spears faces multi-million dollar lawsuit for her new single video - Feb 21, 2011
- Britney's 'Hold It Against Me' tops iTunes singles charts - Jan 13, 2011
- Britney Spears "Hold it Against Me" Out on Tuesday - Jan 08, 2011
- Britney's next single leaks, predicted to be a hit - Mar 05, 2011
- Britney Spears' new single tops the iTunes charts - Jan 12, 2011
- Spears lawyers to sue tabloid for defamation - Dec 02, 2010
- Racy spoof video of Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' is big hit on YouTube - Feb 03, 2011
- Britney's new single 'Hold it Against Me' leaked online - Jan 08, 2011
- Britney Spears was the 'maid of honor' for Brett & Frank's wedding - Jan 31, 2011
- Britney Spears, Rihanna record together - Apr 12, 2011
- Britney Spears Releases "Hold It Against Me" Teasers - Feb 06, 2011
- Britney Spears still dominates music charts despite personal problems - Mar 10, 2011
- Britney Spears Rocks Again With "Hold It Against Me" - Jan 18, 2011
- Video of marines lip-synching Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' is YouTube hit - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: beautiful body, bellamy brothers, country musician, dey, familiarity, legal options, madhuri, music charts, news britney, no doubt, originality, pop queen, pop sensation, pop singer, pop star, public announcements, publicist, resemblance, talented singer, verge