Belfast Film Festival to ’spotlight’ Shyam BenegalMarch 12th, 2010 - 12:39 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Mar 12 (ANI): Cannes nominated India’s film director-screenwriter-producer Shyam Benegal will be in the “spotlight” at prestigious Belfast Film Festival, being held from April 15-30.
Besides screening of Benegal’s films “Zubeidaa” and “The Making of the Mahatma”, he will deliver a public lecture on April 22 and participate in the discussion on his films after screening.
Over 16, 000 attended last year’s Festival, which celebrates its 10th birthday this year. It will offer over 30 UK/Irish premiers with 125 screenings from over 25 countries, including Japan, Russia, Argentina, Iran, South Africa, and Israel. It opens with “Triage” starring Colin Farrell and closes with Francis Ford Coppola’s “Tetro”. Brian Henry-Martin is the Chair of the Festival while Michele Devlin is its Director.
Iconic ocean liner Titanic was said to be built in Belfast, which is the capital of Northern Ireland (United Kingdom). (ANI)
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- Sofia Coppola bags Golden Lion at Venice Film Festival for 'Somewhere' - Sep 12, 2010
- Indo-German script workshop, classics at Mumbai film fest - Sep 18, 2011
- My next not a sequel to 'Welcome To Sajjanpur': Benegal - Apr 30, 2012
- Kareena, Bhandarkar at the New York Indian Film Festival - May 08, 2012
- Washington hosts first South Asian film festival - Jun 04, 2012
- India's no show at 64th Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian film festivals come of age (Comment) - Oct 21, 2011
- First South Asian film fest concludes in Washington (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Indians won't like to see me sing and dance: Colin Farrell - Dec 16, 2010
- Colin Farrell's bust-up with photog over sis - Sep 14, 2009
- Colin Farrell genius: 'Total Recall' producer - Jul 16, 2012
- Shyam Benegal To Be Felicitated At The Third Eye Asian Film Festival - Oct 07, 2010
- India's largest kids film fest closes with a bang - Nov 20, 2011
- Colin Farrell confronts paparazzo at Toronto fest - Sep 13, 2009
Tags: 10th birthday, belfast, brian henry, cannes, capital of northern ireland, colin farrell, devlin, film director, film festival, francis ford coppola, henry martin, mahatma, michele, ocean liner, public lecture, south africa, tetro, titanic, triage, zubeidaa