Being James Bonds paramour can be a deadly affairMarch 23rd, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 23 (ANI): Being James Bonds paramour might be a deadly affair, for most of the Bond girls have died since the British superspy began his adventures.
According to a research conducted by The Times for the 40th anniversary of the publication of Goldfinger, which featured one of the most outlandish deaths suffocation by gold paint bedding agent 007 is proving fatal for the sultry Bond girls.
Sixteen of the 51 Bond lovers have met with a deadly end, kicked off by the murder of Jill Masterson, played by Shirley Eaton in 1964s third Bond film Goldfinger.
Out of all the actors, who portrayed the British superspy in the James Bond franchise, Daniel Craig has been the most toxic.
His first lover, Solange, dies by the end of the first act of Casino Royale, and Vesper Lynd drowns.
In Sean Connerys In Thunderball and You Only Live Twice women were killed in assassination attempts aimed at the Bond, and one was eaten by piranhas.
George Lazenby, who appeared in the 1969 Bond film On Her Majesty’’s Secret Service, falls in love with Teresa Di Vicenzo, played by Diana Rigg, and eventually marries her, resulting in her death in a drive-by shooting.
However, Roger Moores Bond was comparatively a safer partner, with only 28 per cent of the women who slept with him died.
Five of the 18 women cast alongside Moore met a painful end, including Grace Jones in 1985 film A View to Kill. (ANI)
- George Lazenby to pen tell-all book on his career - Nov 05, 2010
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- James Bond's 'Goldfinger' car breaks down - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Bond' star George Lazenby bedded 'a woman a day' - Sep 11, 2010
- James Bond Aston Martin Expected to Fetch $5M at Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Clint Eastwood declined James Bond - Sep 10, 2010
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Die-hard James Bond fans turn their house into 007 set! - Jan 14, 2010
- Avatar star unable to bond with James - Oct 10, 2011
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- James Bond's iconic Aston Martin up for grabs - Oct 27, 2010
- Craig''s ''Casino Royale'' leap tops ''Best James Bond Stunt of all Time'' poll - Sep 25, 2008
- Aston Martin Used By James Bond Fetches 2.6 Million Pounds At The Auction - Oct 28, 2010
- Sam Worthington tipped to play new Bond - Feb 15, 2010
Tags: 40th anniversary, assassination attempts, bond film, bond girls, casino royale, daniel craig, deadly affair, diana rigg, george lazenby, gold paint, goldfinger, grace jones, james bond franchise, james bonds, jill masterson, shirley eaton, superspy, thunderball, vesper lynd, vicenzo