Being dad’s replica won’t be good for my career: Luv SinhaJune 10th, 2009 - 8:32 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 10 (IANS) Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha’s son is all set to debut with director Raj Kanwar’s “Sadiyaan”. Luv is naturally a fan of his dad and has seen all his films, but says he will never copy his style.
“I love his style. But I won’t even dare to copy him. Being called my dad’s replica is the worst thing that can happen to my career. I love my dad’s performance in ‘Kalicharan’, ‘Vishwanath’, ‘Khudgarz’, ‘Kala Patthar’ and ‘Kalka’. I also freak out on Amit uncle’s (Amitabh Bachchan) cinema,” Luv told IANS.
Luv will be seen as Rekha’s son in cross-border drama “Sadiyaan”, which also stars Hema Malini.
If all had gone according to plan, Shatrughan Sinha’s twins, Luv and Kush, would have made their simultaneous debut in a home production. But the scarcity of good script to accommodate the twins prompted Luv to sign a film away from the family.
“Not surprisingly I’m very very close to my twin brother. We aren’t identical twins. But if you see us together the resemblance is uncanny. The thought of being cast together did cross our family’s mind. But what can we do together? A comedy with both the brothers falling in love with the same girl? Nah… Too common.
“We must be the only twin actors in the whole world. When we come together the vehicle has to be just right,” said Luv, who walked straight into acting.
Brother Kush has taken the long winding road - he learnt acting and direction in New York, assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali on “Saawariya” and then decided to be an actor.
“Sadiyaan” is complete and ready for release but it was delayed by the revenue-sharing row between producers and multiplex owners, which however ended last week.
“Please don’t ask me when it will be released. But I’m not worried. This is what comes from being born in a family where cinema is a given. You’ve seen your dad go through so many ups and downs; a little bit of delay in your first film’s release causes no concern,” he said.
Luv says shooting “Sadiyaan” was a cakewalk.
“Hema (Malini) aunty, who’s like a member, and Rekha-ji… (yes, it’s Hema aunty and Rekha-ji for me, I don’t call her aunty) really looked after me, pampered me and made me feel totally at home. I guess it comes from being who I am,” he said.
The film is set in the 1970s and Luv says he had to get familiar with the 70s style for his role.
“This was when I wasn’t even a passing thought in my parents’ mind. A long way from being born. So I had to get familiar with the fashion, lingo, etc. It was a challenge. But you must remember both my parents are actors,” he said.
Talk veers to sister Sonakshi and he said: “She’s more interested in modelling at the moment than acting. Let’s see.”
The whole Sinha family was in Patna a little while ago to support the patriarch during the assembly elections. Sinha Senior defeated actor and Congress candidate Shekhar Suman in the Lok Sabha polls from Bihar’s Patna Saheb parliamentary constituency.
“Actually my dad didn’t need us to get the votes. We just wanted to be with him for support. The best thing about being Shatrughan Sinha’s son is you feel a positive pride from within. Beyond that, he has made sure to let me make my way in the industry on my own. My father has never worked with Raj Kanwar-ji. I got ‘Sadiyaan’ on my own,” he said.
- Filmmaker Raj Kanwar dead, tweets SRK - Feb 03, 2012
- I want to be a trendsetter like my dad: Luv Sinha - Mar 27, 2010
- Kush Sinha to direct siblings Sonakshi, Luv - Jul 06, 2012
- My first film was a mistake: Luv Sinha - Jun 05, 2010
- "Stop Punishing My Son to Settle Scores"-- Shatrughan Sinha Lashes Out At Son's Detractors - Apr 14, 2010
- It seems Luv is paying a price for being my son: Shatrughan Sinha - Apr 14, 2010
- Raj Kanwar bid final farewell - Feb 05, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Sadiyaan (2010) - Apr 02, 2010
- Now, Sonakshi's Brother Luv To Get Boost From Salman! - Sep 18, 2010
- Kanwar was obsessed with films: Shekhar Kapur - Feb 05, 2012
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Rekha, Hema, light up the screen in 'Sadiyaan'(IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: ***) - Apr 03, 2010
- Dad's hale and hearty: Sonakshi Sinha - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: actor turned politician, amitabh bachchan, cross border, hema malini, identical twins, kala, kanwar, kush, long winding road, resemblance, saawariya, sanjay leela bhansali, scarcity, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, subhash k jha, twin brother, ups, ups and downs, vishwanath