Becks: My pals brother was left paralysed by knife thugsAugust 19th, 2008 - 4:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug.19 (ANI): An emotional former England football captain, David Beckham, has revealed how a brother of one of his childhood friends was left paralysed after a knife attack.
He said that the incident took place when he was 13, and added that the lad in question was on the verge of signing professional forms with Leyton Orient.
Beckham was speaking at a Government campaign backed by the FA to promote the fight against knife crime.
He was walking down the street one afternoon and he saw a fight break out over the other side of the road. He went over to help and ended up getting stabbed in the back and was paralysed, The Sun quoted him, as saying.
The dad of three said the scourge of street stabbings had been going on for too long and needed to be highlighted as a blight on society.
This year in London alone, 23 teens have died in violent incidents, and most of them were victims of knife stabbings. (ANI)
- Next three weeks crucial for Manchester United's bid for a second Treble - Feb 23, 2011
- Arsenal's van Persie out for six weeks with knee injury - Mar 02, 2011
- British woman, daughter stab each other - Aug 08, 2010
- Olympic torch relay hit by flash protests - Jul 22, 2012
- Li Fu of China had a knife stuck in his brain for 4 years - Feb 18, 2011
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- Briton stabs NRI neighbour's dog to death - Jul 07, 2011
- Barlow is celebrity dad of the year - Jun 16, 2012
- Banned Indian-born doctor to resume work in Britain - Apr 11, 2012
- Son stabs mom in head - Jun 04, 2011
- Shawntina Burston pleads not guilty to murdering her husband - Feb 01, 2011
- Cop fails to save stab victim, catches killer - Apr 17, 2012
- Man stabs bus driver over loud TV - Jul 07, 2011
- Indian killed by London muggers a 'hero': police - Jan 10, 2010
- Russian man goes on stabbing spree in Moscow - Dec 10, 2011