Beckham tops Britain’s Most Powerful 40 or under Man pollNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
The people polled included political journalists, politicians, film studio owners, music producers, musicians, trend consultants and financial experts.
Beckham said that he was really amazed after he came to know that he had topped the list of young Brit men.
“I am really honoured. To get that title for just being a footballer is quite amazing,” the Daily Snack quoted him, as saying.
Arena editor Giles Hattersley said that the reason why the footballer topped the list was that he is the most recognisable Brit on the planet.
“Beckham has topped this year’s Arena Power List because he is arguably the most recognisable Brit on the planet,” he said.
“David is our biggest sporting export and has inspired boys of all ages to become passionate about football - and fashion. He boasts a formidable CV - on and off the pitch - and at 32, has already lived the lives of ten men,” he added.
The top ten includes Shadow Chancellor George Osborne (4th position) Prince Harry (5th position), Chelsea boss Roman Abramovich (6th position) and Bond star Daniel Craig (10th position).
Britain’s Most Powerful Man aged 40 or under:
1. David Beckham, footballer
2. James Murdoch, CEO, British Sky Broadcasting
3. Viscount Rothermere, chairman, Daily Mail and General Trust
4. George Osborne, shadow Chancellor
5. Prince Harry
6. Roman Abramovich, billionaire owner of Chelsea FC
7. Ed Balls, Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families
8. Lucas Ossendrijver, fashion designer
9. Andy Coulson, director of communications, Conservative Party
10. Daniel Craig, actor. (ANI)
- Billionaire Russian Capitalist, Roman Abramovich, Acquires An Island Worth $400 Million For Lodging His Famous Art Collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Abramovich to spend 80 million pounds to bring 'sexy football' to Chelsea - May 03, 2011
- Poll reveals that Princess Diana is the favorite royal in UK - Aug 31, 2011
- Man City owner overtakes steel tycoon Mittal again in football rich owners list - Oct 07, 2010
- Roman Abramovich buys island for $400 million to showcase his art collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Britain's Olympic coach Pearce to assess Beckham in US - Apr 25, 2012
- Chelsea owner Abramovich's wealth declaration reveals his billions from business - Feb 17, 2011
- Abramovich ready to fund 25 million pound bid for Kaka - Feb 12, 2011
- Robert Pattinson named Britain's 'best-dressed man' - Sep 29, 2010
- Recession notwithstanding, Abramovich worth nearly 11 billion pounds - Feb 16, 2010
- Roman Abramovich Buys New Holland Island For $400 Million To Set Up Museum - Dec 08, 2010
- Chelsea can still win Premier League title: Anelka - Jan 23, 2011
- Gazprom inks sponsorship deal with Chelsea - Jul 18, 2012
- Liverpool rejects 35 million pound Chelsea bid for Torres - Jan 28, 2011
- Robert Pattinson: Wins the Coveted title of 'Best dressed British male!' - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: andy coulson, beckham footballer, billionaire owner, brit, chelsea fc, daily mail and general trust, daniel craig, david beckham, ed balls, fashion, formidable, george osborne, james murdoch, mail, music producers, prince harry, roman abramovich, shadow chancellor, viscount rothermere