Beckham counter-sued by sex workerFebruary 20th, 2011 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 20 (IANS) Soccer ace David Beckham is likely to face a court battle over allegations he cheated on his wife Victoria with a sex worker.Sex worker Imra Nici has filed legal documents calling for lawyers to serve Beckham with a deposition ordering him to appear in the court over her allegations, which his representative has previously branded “untrue and ridiculous”.
According to the mirror.co.uk, Beckham is subject to “examination before an officer authorised to administer oaths Feb 24 (Thursday).
Last week, Beckham’s libel lawsuit over the In Touch article detailing the claims by Nici was dismissed by US District Judge Manuel Real for failing to produce evidence editors published the story with malice.
Nici claimed she was “injured” by Beckham’s “people” in New York as they tried to serve her with the original libel writ.
“When Mr. Beckham sued my client, he did so in an outrageous and terrifying way,” said her lawyer Paul Jensen.
He said Beckham is bound to respond to the deposition order.
“He may try to delay, reschedule or postpone it - but he can’t avoid it,” Jenson added.
The recent development is said to have infuriated Beckham.
“The efforts of Nici and her legal representatives to embarrass and humiliate David are utterly disgraceful. It appears she is trying to make a name for herself, garner some publicity, and make a quick buck in the process,” said a source.
“David’s lawyers physically disproved her accusations yet she is counter-suing - apparently desperate to make David have his day in court. David and Victoria have far more pressing issues - but David has always said he will happily stand up in court and set the record straight,” the source added.
- David Beckham's sex case gets murkier - Jan 23, 2011
- Beckhams expecting fourth child - Jan 10, 2011
- Becks to face his sex scandal accuser in the New Year - Dec 26, 2010
- Bosnian-born hooker 'trying to force Becks to show his financial books' - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooker counter-sues Becks for 'emotional and physical injuries' - Oct 04, 2010
- David Beckham's libel suit dismissed - Feb 16, 2011
- David remains focus on bringing lying prostitute to justice - Oct 04, 2010
- Beckham denies affair with prostitute, sues US magazine - Dec 31, 2010
- Prostitute sues David Beckham - Oct 04, 2010
- Becks' $25m lawsuit over 'cheating claims' thrown out - Feb 15, 2011
- Becks is Counter-Sued: Hooker Irma Nici Sues David Beckham - Oct 04, 2010
- Becks lodges appeal to overturn court decision to throw out libel case - Mar 18, 2011
- Hooker who claims she bedded Becks could face lie detector test - Sep 26, 2010
- Becks 'to serve hooker with $25m writ for damages' - Sep 26, 2010
- Becks faces fresh sex allegations - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: accusations, ace, allegations, david beckham, deposition, district judge, humiliate, lawyers, legal documents, legal representatives, libel lawsuit, london feb, malice, nici, oaths, paul jensen, publicity, sex worker, wife victoria, writ