Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar’s LFW showAugust 17th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 17 (IANS) From former Miss World Diana Hayden to former Miss Indias Celina Jaitely and Parvathy Omanakuttan — a host of beauty queens were seen supporting Archana Kochhar when she presented her collection Urban Yogini at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive here.
In fact, the designer’s showstopper was former Miss India Ankita Shorey, who sashayed down the ramp in a long burnt orange cocktail dress that had traces of black.
“Archana’s garments are very wearable and that’s what I love about the collection. I felt great walking the ramp. The orange is the hero of the entire collection. It stands out,” said Ankita.
If that was not enough to glamourise the show, Kochar had other celebrities like Ayesha Takia, Bhagyashree, Shama Sikand, Mimoh Chakroborty and Arjan Bajwa to add glitz to her event.
“I have all my wonderful friends to support me here. I am so honoured and grateful to them for being here for me. When I called them, that time I did not realise that most of them are Miss Indias. I realise that now,” Kochhar told reporters here.
Throwing light on her collection, she said: “This was for the first time that I did a prêt line and I did cocktail wear. This was the first time I did garments without bling. So I was nervous because I always thought that I cannot handle garments without embellishments, but I finally did it.”
“This collection was inspired by the urban woman and the silhouettes were from dresses to jumpsuits to kurtas with skirts. I used slate grey, burnt orange, black and ivory,” she added.
She used fabrics like georgette, Italian jersey, raw silk and organza for the ensemble.
Ayesha Takia said of Kochhar’s work: “I loved the collection. I’m not a person who wears orange too much, but I’m surprised to see that I absolutely loved the orange garments in the collection. It was totally rocking.”
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Amrita Rao walks the ramp for girl child - Nov 03, 2010
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Ankita Chaudhry to debut at Paris' Pret a Porter (With images) - Jul 18, 2011
- Tailormade for profits - designers snip pret prices (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- Khadi, Gandhi topis at James Ferreira's show - Oct 12, 2011
- Go for Pakistani fashion this Eid: Archana Kochhar - Nov 06, 2011
- I took break to plan my future: Ayesha - Aug 03, 2011
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Royal silhouettes inspire designer's cocktail collection (With Images) - Mar 10, 2011
- Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: ankita, archana kochhar, bajwa, beauty queens, bhagyashree, celina jaitely, cocktail dress, diana hayden, entire collection, georgette, glitz, kochar, lakme fashion week, lfw, miss india, miss indias, miss world, raw silk, showstopper, yogini