Beatles would have reformed if all their members had survived: MaccaMay 17th, 2010 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 17 (ANI): Sir Paul McCartney says that he’s sure that the Beatles would have reformed in recent years if all their members had survived.
The band split in 1970 and went on to work on a variety of different solo projects.
Ten years later, the musicians were struck with tragedy when John Lennon was shot dead in New York City in 1980.
Another band-mate George Harrison passed away in 2001 following a battle with lung cancer, leaving just Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
“It could have happened. We were asked to do reunion gigs shortly after we broke up. There wasn’t any point. It was like, ‘We’ve just split,’ the Daily Express quoted McCartney as saying.
“I also had Wings so I was a bit busy doing other things. It wasn’t really a good idea then, but I think if this much time had elapsed, I could easily see it happening. Somebody would have said, ‘Oh go on. Just for a laugh.’
“It could have been a charity thing. Or it could have been because we just met up and said, ‘Let’s do it.’ You never know. But it’s not to be so sadly it’s all just conjecture,” he added. (ANI)
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Lenon, not McCartney, led to Beatles split! - Sep 07, 2009
- Beatles' offsprings not planning boy band - Jan 12, 2010
- Beatles to make their songs available on iTunes - Nov 16, 2010
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- George Harrison's son Dhani won't team up with Beatles' boys - Jan 11, 2010
- Exclusive Lennon interviews shed new light on The Beatles' split - Sep 07, 2009
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Beatles were planning reunion before Lennon's death - Sep 13, 2009
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- McCartney feels blessed to have known Lennon - Sep 09, 2009
- Macca 'grateful for renewed Lennon friendship' - Dec 12, 2010
- Unseen pics of Lennon's secret reunion with McCartney found - Sep 16, 2010
- When George Harrison played a ghostly prank on Macca - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: band mate, beatles, charity, conjecture, daily express, george harrison, john lennon, laugh, london, lung cancer, musicians, new york city, paul mccartney, reunion gigs, ringo starr, sir paul mccartney, solo projects, tragedy, wings