Beach Boys reunion not definite, says Mike Love

July 28th, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI  

London, July 28 (ANI): Beach Boys star Mike Love has dismissed speculation that the legendary band is set for a 2011 reunion concert to mark the group’s 50th anniversary.

Founding member Al Jardine recently confirmed plans for a comeback show next year, which would witness him reunite with the group’s surviving original members, Love and Brian Wilson. Wilson’s brothers and bandmates, Dennis and Carl Wilson, died in 1983 and 1998.

Jardine said a free concert would “probably” be held in San Francisco, California, adding that he would like to see the Beach Boys hit the road on a “100-date anniversary tour”.

However, Love says his pal’s reunion plans are not definite.

“There have been a lot of ideas floated, but nothing decided. So far it’s just conversation,” The Daily Star quoted him, as telling a foreign news agency.

Love added: “There are no big plans yet - although there’s a lot of interest from a lot of people to see what would happen if we got together and did some new music and maybe did some shows. But so far nothing’s firm.” (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe