‘Bbuddah Hoga..’ about old in age, young at heart (IANS Preview)June 27th, 2011 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) Director Puri Jagannath’s “Bbuddah…hoga Tera Baap” reiterates the commonly used term “old in age, but young at heart” with 68-year-old Amitabh Bachchan as a rebellious flamboyant hitman. Releasing Friday, it’ll see Big B splashing colour and giving youngsters a run for their money by exuding inimitable style on a Harley Davidson.
With the film, the angry young man of the 1970s and 1980s returns to re-live various roles that he played in his successful hits during that period and to give a message that age cannot wither anyone. Interestingly, in the action comedy, his screen name is Vijay and is likely to be the most flamboyant character of the year.
Made at a budget of Rs.10 crore, the romantic comedy is jointly produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and AB Corp Limited. Hema Malini, Sonu Sood, Sonal Chauhan, Prakash Raj and Makrand Deshpande join Amitabh in the cast.
If the film sees Amitabh in a never-seen-before stylised avatar, the fast-paced drama has a lot of action and masala as Big B sings, dances and even packs a punch when required.
The film is said to be the story of a retired hitman Vijay (Amitabh), who is settled in Paris but returns to India to do “one last job”. The best thing about charismatic and flamboyant Vijay is that he doesn’t feel his age. If on the one hand he creates a stir with his style, clothes and cool dude attitude, on the other he often gets into trouble because of his short temper.
“The film will inspire elderly people that age is just a number and one should always feel young at heart,” said Hema, who plays Amitabh’s estranged wife in the film.
However, when the story was narrated to the 68-year-old, there were many things that the actor felt wouldn’t go well with his character and so he tweaked the role to suit his sensibilities.
Amitabh would also be seen hurling abuses in the film, but in an amusing way. He has chosen to use the word “Beep’ instead of expletives in the fun film. In the promos, Big B is using the word Beep in his dialogue which goes like, “Aye bahut bada beep hai yaar tu’ (Hey you are a big beep).”
The idea came when Big B refused to use cuss words in the film; Jagannath suggested using ‘Beep’ instead of expletives.
After singing songs like “Rang barse” and “Main yahaan tu wahaan”, Amitabh has sung the title track of the film in Capella style - he has added vocal beats to create the sound of instruments and composer duo Vishal-Shekhar has given the music.
In the movie, Big B apparently utters dialogues from his previous hits like “Agneepath”, “Deewar”, “Don:”, “Shahenshah”, and “Hum”.
“Bbuddah …Hoga Teraa Baap” also marks the return of actress Raveena Tandon on the silver screen. She has been roped in to do an item song “Main Chandigarh di star” in the film. The song is sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.
“Bbuddah ….” clashes with Aamir Khan’s production “Delhi Belly”, an adult comedy starring Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor, but neither of them is worried.
- Big B abuses in 'Bbuddah...', but in amusing way! - Jun 21, 2011
- Amitabh adopts 'A Capella' for 'Bbuddah...' song - May 27, 2011
- I wanted to prove that Big B is not old: Jagannath (Interview, With Image) - Jun 30, 2011
- Wanted to prove Big B is not old: Director (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Youngistaan laps up 'Delhi Belly', 'Bbuddah...' enthralls families - Jul 04, 2011
- Oscar Academy asks Big B for 'Bbuddah...' script - Jul 29, 2011
- 'Bbuddah...Hoga Terra Baap' Amitabh album all the way (IANS Music Review) - Jun 18, 2011
- It's the Big B through and through in 'Bbuddah...' (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 02, 2011
- Sonal Chauhan awestruck by Big B's 'Bbuddah…' look - Jun 25, 2011
- Amitabh flaunts two watches in 'Bbuddah' (With Images) - May 23, 2011
- Amitabh shoots for next AB Corp film 'Bbuddah - Hoga terra baap!' - Mar 07, 2011
- I'll work till my body works: Amitabh Bachchan - Jun 13, 2011
- Amitabh's film should be doubly successful: Aamir - Jun 26, 2011
- Youth will drive content in Indian cinema: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Jun 20, 2011
- Big B tweaked uncomfortable parts in his role in 'Bbuddah…' - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: action comedy, age is just a number, amitabh bachchan, angry young man, baap, harley davidson, hema malini, hitman, inimitable style, jagannath, last job, masala, prakash raj, romantic comedy, sensibilities, short temper, sonal chauhan, sonu sood, style clothes, young at heart