Baz Luhrmann, Nicole Kidman vow never to work togetherDecember 18th, 2008 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 18 (ANI): Director Baz Luhrmann and actress Nicole Kidman have vowed never to work together because whenever they team up many life-changing events take place.
It is worth noticing that when the two united for Moulin Rouge, Kidmans marriage to Tom Cruise crumbled and before the flicks premier they divorced and at the same time Luhrmanns father died.
During their second project Australia Nicole Kidman became pregnant with daughter Sunday Rose, something that she had been yearning for.
Luhrmann admitted that their time together is extremely emotional, so much that they have agreed not to put themselves through the pain again.
“On Moulin Rouge! she was breaking up with Tom Cruise, and my father died on the first day of filming. The six weeks before we finished filming Australia, we were doing a scene where her character has to say she can”t have children and she goes, ”Bazzy, Bazzy I”ve got see you,” and we sit down under a tree and she tells me she’’s pregnant and she burst into tears and I did too, because I knew that was what she wanted more than anything else, Contactmusic quoted Luhrmann, as saying.
“We both said we can”t make another movie together because there are only so many life-transforming events we can go through, he added. (ANI)
- I reinvented the musical: Baz Luhrmann - Oct 24, 2010
- Nicole Kidman wishes her adopted children lived with her - Dec 22, 2010
- Gabor wants Kidman to play her part in biopic - Mar 01, 2011
- Thrilled Amitabh is joining 'The Great Gatsby': Baz Luhrmann (Interview) - Sep 08, 2011
- Working with Indian stars has always excited me: Baz Luhrmann (Interview) - Feb 04, 2010
- Nicole Kidman 'never thought she'd find love again' after Tom Cruise split' - Feb 03, 2011
- Moulin Rouge is Best Film of the Decade - Jan 10, 2010
- Jake Gyllenhaal auditioned for 'Moulin Rouge' - May 04, 2011
- Nicole Kidman agreed to 'Australia' without reading script - Dec 30, 2008
- Celina Jaitley impresses Baz! - Feb 08, 2010
- Kidman misses her adopted kids with Cruise - Dec 22, 2010
- Kidman cried after Oscar nomination - Feb 08, 2011
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan signs first Hollywood film - Sep 07, 2011
- Baz Luhrmann going to judge 'Dancing with the Stars' - Sep 30, 2009