Bayern Munich fans boycott Keanu Reeves movie over stadium blast sceneDecember 17th, 2008 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, December 17 (ANI): Supporters of German sports club Bayern Munich are boycotting Keanu Reeves” The Day The Earth Stood Still after seeing their stadium being blasted by aliens in the new science fiction thriller.
The trailer of the movie had raged soccer fans after it was aired on the club’’s giant TV screens, depicting the Allianz Arena stadium being blown to bits by aliens.
The clubs media director Markus Hoerwick said that they had no idea about the scene until it was screened in the match-day trailer.
“We were not informed and were also not asked for permission,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Hoerwick as saying.
“It is not to our benefit for the Arena to be represented in such a way. We will now examine whether and how we react to it, Hoerwick added.
Bayern Munich, is best known for its professional football team, is the most successful club in German football, having won 21 German titles and 14 cups. (ANI)
- Football fans boycott 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' - Dec 18, 2008
- German side Bayern sign defender Dante until 2016 - Apr 27, 2012
- Bayern are here for serious business, says coach Jupp Heynckes - Jan 09, 2012
- Champions League defeat a thing of past: Thomas Muller - Jun 08, 2012
- India's football talent hunt to start Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- Villarreal's Champions League opener is must win game - Sep 13, 2011
- Bayern lead 4-0 at halftime - Jan 10, 2012
- Ronaldo predicts all-Spanish final - Apr 07, 2012
- Dortmund drop points as Bayern edge closer - Mar 11, 2012
- Gomez extends stay with Bayern - Apr 04, 2012
- Bayern win friendly against Holland - May 23, 2012
- India's friendly against Bayern Munich to be Bhutia's farewell match - Oct 15, 2011
- Bayern Munich to make pre-season trip to China - Jun 30, 2012
- Bayern defeat Manchester City 2-0 in Champions League - Sep 28, 2011
- Robin Dutt to take over as sports director of German football (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: aliens, allianz, allianz arena stadium, bayern munich, boycott, daily telegraph, december 17, german football, german sports, german titles, giant tv screens, keanu reeves, match day, media director, new science, professional football team, science fiction thriller, soccer fans, sports club, successful club