Batman’s costume gave Bale panic attackJuly 10th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 10 (IANS) Actor Christian Bale says he had a panic attack when he tried his Batman costume for the first time.
The 38-year-old was doing a dress rehearsal for the Batman trilogy - “The Dark Knight Rises” - when he thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown.
“I think the very first time I put on the suit, it was at the audition. It was Val Kilmer’s (outfit from 1995’s ‘Batman Forever’) so it didn’t fit very well and the claustrophobia was just unbelievable. I stood there and I thought, ‘I can’t breathe. I can’t think. This is too tight, this is squeezing my head. I’m about to have a nervous breakdown. I’m about to have a panic attack,’” he told USmagazine.
“I asked for 20 minutes by myself… and I stood there and thought, ‘I’d really like to make this movie.I have to get through this moment’,” he added.
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Val Kilmer Says Sorry To New Mexico Neighbors - Jun 25, 2010
- Val Kilmer Battles It Out Against His New Mexico Neighbors - Jun 22, 2010
- Ryan Reynolds remembers brush with death at 17 - Jun 19, 2011
- Bale's daughter loves his Batman act - Jul 17, 2012
- Catwoman role makes Hathaway nauseous - Jun 01, 2012
- Nolan always 'prioritises' his characters: Gordon-Levitt - Mar 22, 2011
- Val Kilmer Says Sorry, 7 Years After 'Rolling Stone' Article - Jun 25, 2010
- Murphy wants roles in smaller films - Jul 25, 2012
- Val Kilmer To Explain Derogatory NM Comments: Claims Accusations Untrue - Jun 03, 2010
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012