Barrymore doesn’t mind working with LongAugust 21st, 2010 - 3:05 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 21 (IANS) Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore has revealed she had no reservations about starring in a romantic comedy with her on/off boyfriend Justin Long.
The “Poison Ivy” star insisted their real life relationship made their onscreen love affair in “Going The Distance” more believable, reports imdb.com.
Barrymore enjoyed a year-long romance with the actor which ended in 2008, but they remained close after the split and have since kept the press guessing over the status of their relationship.
The pair stars in “Going The Distance” as a couple forced to live apart by work, and Barrymore admits her off screen turmoil with Long made him the perfect choice for the role of her lover.
“I thought it would be a unique experience to go work with someone I had a history with and who I had emotional times with and who genuinely makes me laugh and who I’m genuinely attracted to,” she said.
“I knew the chemistry between us would be honest so we would be able to bring a truth to the fact that a relationship can be very difficult and I thought that would be a real benefit. I think we balanced the line really well and I think we were willing to bare that chemistry and the pain and joy we’d felt in life,” she added.
- Barrymore says romantic history with Long makes new movie look real - Aug 21, 2010
- Working with beau was unique, says Barrymore - Aug 24, 2010
- Drew Barrymore doesn't like being labelled a 'celebrity' - Sep 04, 2010
- Drew Barrymore steps out with new man in LA - Feb 23, 2011
- 'Stripping before room full of men was challenging' - Aug 28, 2010
- I am scared of kissing on screen: Bipasha - Feb 14, 2012
- Barrymore smells love through sweaty shirts - Aug 09, 2010
- Barrymore hates phone sex - Aug 06, 2010
- Barrymore wore cheap dress to host event - Aug 23, 2010
- Harry to attend brother's wedding with Chelsy Davy? - Feb 08, 2011
- Teri wants Cheryl Cole in 'Desperate Housewives' - Aug 02, 2010
- Distance makes heart grow fonder - does it? (Feature) - May 08, 2012
- Kareena Kapoor And Saif Ali Khan In A long Distance Relationship Till April - Jan 18, 2011
- Long likes 'feisty' Barrymore - Feb 14, 2011
- Diaz helps Barrymore with wedding dress - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: benefit, boyfriend justin, chemistry, drew barrymore, emotional times, going the distance, hollywood, hollywood actress, justin long, life relationship, london, love affair, no reservations, perfect choice, poison ivy, romance, romantic comedy, truth, turmoil